Headed to Rockport next week. - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Boating Forum

Notices

Old 01-10-2017, 10:33 PM   #11
trackersocha
Captain

trackersocha has been promote to Gunnertrackersocha has been promote to Gunnertrackersocha has been promote to Gunnertrackersocha has been promote to Gunnertrackersocha has been promote to Gunnertrackersocha has been promote to Gunnertrackersocha has been promote to Gunnertrackersocha has been promote to Gunnertrackersocha has been promote to Gunnertrackersocha has been promote to Gunnertrackersocha has been promote to Gunner
Patrick no longer works at Rockport Marine. We miss him. My good friend Josh is the go to guy At Rockport Marine now. He will not sell you a bill of goods, and will spend time on the water with you making sure you are comfortable with the boat. RM has demo days where there are many boats in the water to test run. I run a baby cat, and couldn't be happier. But everyone is going to have different wants and needs.
trackersocha is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2017, 09:53 AM   #12
Team FlatnSassy
Registered Users-pm+

Team FlatnSassy has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterTeam FlatnSassy has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterTeam FlatnSassy has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterTeam FlatnSassy has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterTeam FlatnSassy has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterTeam FlatnSassy has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterTeam FlatnSassy has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterTeam FlatnSassy has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterTeam FlatnSassy has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterTeam FlatnSassy has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterTeam FlatnSassy has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMaster
All boats have their own particular application.
Having fished the Rockport area for decades I understand that a do all boat is pretty important (Aransas Bay can be ugly).

I would suggest going to Waypoint Marine!

After the purchase...its all about the Service...and they excel!

It helps that the Service Manager fishes Rockport exclusively and he could point you in the proper boat (Shoalwater but I am biased.

Good luck!
Team FlatnSassy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2017, 01:00 AM   #13
El gato 24
Registered Users-pm+

El gato 24 has been promoted to PirateEl gato 24 has been promoted to PirateEl gato 24 has been promoted to PirateEl gato 24 has been promoted to PirateEl gato 24 has been promoted to PirateEl gato 24 has been promoted to PirateEl gato 24 has been promoted to PirateEl gato 24 has been promoted to PirateEl gato 24 has been promoted to PirateEl gato 24 has been promoted to PirateEl gato 24 has been promoted to Pirate
Many choices

Lots of good boats out there . I had a Majek 21 RFL for 10 years which was truly a great flats boat . After developing a soft spot behind the leaning post and getting it repaired , I opted for the 24' Tran Cat SVT . Frankly, I'm astonished ! I fish the Port O'Connor area and have a place out on the Matagorda peninsula so I needed a boat that could handle the rough chop of an angry Matagorda bay . This boat busts chop w/ the best of them and corners like it's on rails . What blew me away though is it's shallow water performance . It handles the back lakes of Pringle & contee at low tide w/ ease running everywhere I would dare to go in my 21 RFL . I hear pretty much the same from other cat owners from other builders . It's not gonna light your hair on fire like a Majek Extreme, Tran XLR8 or other V bottom Center Cons but it will top out at about 53 mph w/ an 17 pitch cupped prop . I would definitely look into a cat from the likes of Tran, El Pescador, Haynie, etc. etc.
El gato 24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message