Questions about waders - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Notices

Old 12-20-2016, 02:19 PM   #1
johnsons1480
Registered Users-pm+

johnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Pirate
Questions about waders

Can someone help to explain waders to me? What does it mean to be breathable? Are they still waterproof? What's the deal with stocking foot waders vs waders with soles? Do stocking foot waders need wading boots? Are there any temperature differences? I probably have more questions, but that's a good start. Thanks everyone!
johnsons1480 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2016, 02:23 PM   #2
fishingcacher
Registered Users-pm+

fishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsons1480 View Post
Can someone help to explain waders to me? What does it mean to be breathable? Are they still waterproof? What's the deal with stocking foot waders vs waders with soles? Do stocking foot waders need wading boots? Are there any temperature differences? I probably have more questions, but that's a good start. Thanks everyone!
Breathable means you not not sweat in them like neoprene. Still water proof.

Neoprene is better in colder weather.

Stocking foot waders you need wading boots.

Waders with soles are faster to put on but the fit isn't as good.
fishingcacher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2016, 02:25 PM   #3
JFolm
Act your wage.

JFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to Pirate
Breathable waders are not insulated. But they are water proof. Well, as water proof as waders can be.
JFolm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2016, 02:30 PM   #4
johnsons1480
Registered Users-pm+

johnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Pirate
Ok, so since it's generally 90+ here, would you recommend breathable over neoprene and just layer up in the cold months? Is there a reason outside of cost to go with booted waders over stocking foot waders?
Old 12-20-2016, 02:35 PM   #5
sgrem
Registered Users-pm+

sgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Pirate
Get stocking foot waders and good Wade boots that fit. Boot footed waders pull off your feet when walking in any kind of mud and wear you out to try to keep your foot in the boot while pulling up with your toes to keep foot in boot and retrieve boot out of mud. They have to skip to much to put them on. Then when you are tugging that boot out of the mud it puts added stress on your waders material which will eventually start leaking faster than stocking foot with added Wade boots that fit well.

Get Wade boots 2 sizes larger than you normally wear. My brothers foot is two sizes bigger than mine so I'm lucky I collect his old tie tennis shoes and just wear them out.
Get breathables and layer underneath for cold. Fleece is your friend.
sgrem is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2016, 02:39 PM   #6
johnsons1480
Registered Users-pm+

I appreciate the info. Any recommendations for these items on the cheap? I want to make sure I like wade fishing before I shell out for Simms.
Old 12-20-2016, 02:41 PM   #7
sgrem
Registered Users-pm+

sgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Pirate
White River from BPS
Frogg Toggs
Or for a test drive buy Used.
SIMMS is the only way to go. If you don't like Wade fishing (can't imagine how that is possible) put in the classifieds here.. I got first dibs.....
sgrem is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2017, 09:13 AM   #8
johnsons1480
Registered Users-pm+

What do y'all think of these?
http://www.cabelas.com/product/fishi...Tz_stype%3DGNU
Old 01-11-2017, 09:32 AM   #9
fishingcacher
Registered Users-pm+

fishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Pirate
For that price it is a good deal. No pocket in front though. Probably a nice pair to try out to see if you like wade fishing.
fishingcacher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2017, 10:13 AM   #10
johnsons1480
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingcacher View Post
For that price it is a good deal. No pocket in front though. Probably a nice pair to try out to see if you like wade fishing.
I went ahead and got a pair for my wife and myself.