2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Sam rayburn info

820 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  tommy261 
#1 ·
Goin to sam rayburn 4/15-4/18 only fished it once before caught a couple bass and crappie nothin giant, gunna be stayin fairly close to jackson hill and fishin outa tha slow devil so distance might be an issue but does anyone have any tips on where to go what kinda baits i dnt fish freshwater to much

#2 ·
best suggestion is to go to the Texas Fishing Forum and ask your question...a lot more bass fishermen on that site. I usually fish the Hanks Creek area myself and have never launched out of Jackson Hill. Water should be clearer in that area. You might still find some fish on beds. Try a wacky rigged watermelon/red flaked senko if you find some beds. Good luck

#3 ·
rayburn

I have fished it 4 times in the last 2 weeks.....totaled 140 bass. Out of the 140 i , myself have boated 102.....i stay with a few lures and dont change that pattern......deep cranking in 15ft.....or rattletraps over hydrilla......once that seems to slow i work plastics (baby brushogs) in about 8 to 10 ft......my best 5 went 21 lbs.....next best was 18lbs....nothing real big but some solid fish.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.