2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Hillman's Shrimp Coleslaw

25K views 19 replies 19 participants last post by  johnny astro 
#1 ·
Anyone remember this?

I got this from another web site...claims to have gotten from restaurant years ago. Not sure how accurate this is, but its good. I cut it down a little to use the packaged slaw at Kroger.

one large head of *cabbage
1/4 cup finely chopped Bell Pepper
1/2 cup finely chopped Onions
1/2 cup finely chopped Celery
1 cup Wishbone Italian Dressing ( I usually use half)
2 tsp Garlic Salt
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Onion Salt
1/2 to 1 cup Mayonnaise (depends on how moist you like it!)
1 lb small/salad pre-cooked/devein Shrimp
Tip: busy schedule, it helps to buy *Fresh Express Coleslaw
and most groceries have chopped items! More time for eating

See less See more
#3 ·
After a couple of trys I adjusted a little on the recipe for my own taste...as usual. I use a little less of the Italian dressing, substitute Zatarains seasoning for the garlic salt and use bigger fresh boiled shrimp...cut up a little. Also should let it set in the fridge for awhile after mixing to let the flavors blend...good stuff.

ntd

#6 ·
I used to drive from Dallas to see Grandmaw hillman. I stopped there a while back and walked into the old cafe location and then stood on the back porch for a while. Sure brought back good ole memorys. Me and granny used to hug all the time when I got there. She always came to my table.

Heck the people there are not even friendly anymore. Sorry what happens from generation to generation. Some investor should build a new one.

#10 ·
I used to drive from Dallas to see Grandmaw hillman. I stopped there a while back and walked into the old cafe location and then stood on the back porch for a while. Sure brought back good ole memorys. Me and granny used to hug all the time when I got there. She always came to my table.

Heck the people there are not even friendly anymore. Sorry what happens from generation to generation. Some investor should build a new one.
I don't know where u get your info from but that's my family if there is a problem with the service I would like to know what went wrong. If you got an investor it wouldn't be any good.

#14 ·
Anyone remember this?

I got this from another web site...claims to have gotten from restaurant years ago. Not sure how accurate this is, but its good. I cut it down a little to use the packaged slaw at Kroger.

2 tsp Garlic Salt
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Onion Salt
My sister worked at Hillmans when she was young for many years and even lived across the street. She is gone now but I always remember the great coleslaw and even helped make it a few times with her.

#19 ·
Anyone remember this?

2 tsp Garlic Salt
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Onion Salt
Thanks for the recipe, I'll try.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.