2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Where to buy shark fishing weights and leaders

5K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  348473 
#1 ·
Hi Guys. I used to be big into shark fishing. I've pretty much quit since I had kids. I'm going on a trip to Florida in a few weeks with the inlaws and was hoping to run a few lines while i'm there. I've still got just about all of my gear, but I gave away my leaders and weights.

I was thinking about ordering some leaders from Spartan Tackle, but didn't see weights on their website. Catch Sharks has weights and leaders, but they are really expensive. Does anyone know where I can get some reasonably priced shark weights and leaders? Better yet, if anyone here has some extras, I'd be happy to pay you for them. I typically run a 30'+ sliding trace type rig with a 20/0 circle.

#3 ·
Been using pavers with 10# breakaway line. Shark Sunday ran like nothing was there ,bit thru. If we pour weights I use galv pipe cheaper) and bunch of old dove loads with I think #8 copper but no fun bringing back in. The bite thru line worked last two trips. Look like you have a guy here to make yah some!

#5 ·
I'm looking for probably 12oz plus. Depends on the material and gauge of the legs. I've considered bricks for breakaways, but i'd rather spider weights.

I sold my avets, but I still have 1 50w and a couple 9/0s. I just need leaders and weights. This was my old rig and some of my catches back when I was sharkin 2-3 times a month. I fished florida a few times back then also.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.