Holy Jalapeno Sauce - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Recipes

Notices

Old 06-22-2017, 12:32 PM   #11
bowmansdad
Registered Users-pm+

bowmansdad has been promoted to Piratebowmansdad has been promoted to Piratebowmansdad has been promoted to Piratebowmansdad has been promoted to Piratebowmansdad has been promoted to Piratebowmansdad has been promoted to Piratebowmansdad has been promoted to Piratebowmansdad has been promoted to Piratebowmansdad has been promoted to Piratebowmansdad has been promoted to Piratebowmansdad has been promoted to Pirate
Ranch,
Your recipe calls for stemmed/seeded peppers but the pics show seeds and some seedless. Is that how you control the heat? Do you use a colander strainer or a food mill to remove seeds,skins? I have bunches of Serrano pepper also, they may add some heat. Just questions because I will make this for sure.
bowmansdad is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2017, 01:51 PM   #12
w_r_ranch
Got better things to do than play games

w_r_ranch has been promoted to Piratew_r_ranch has been promoted to Piratew_r_ranch has been promoted to Piratew_r_ranch has been promoted to Piratew_r_ranch has been promoted to Piratew_r_ranch has been promoted to Piratew_r_ranch has been promoted to Piratew_r_ranch has been promoted to Piratew_r_ranch has been promoted to Piratew_r_ranch has been promoted to Piratew_r_ranch has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowmansdad View Post
Your recipe calls for stemmed/seeded peppers but the pics show seeds and some seedless. Is that how you control the heat? Do you use a colander strainer or a food mill to remove seeds,skins?
Yep, I do half of them with seeded because some people (mostly my wife) said it's too hot otherwise, LOL!!! Seriously, I think it mellows out after a month.

The strainer I use is a fine mesh stainless steel basket-type.

Attached Images

w_r_ranch is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2017, 02:05 PM   #13
habanerojooz
Registered Users-pm+

habanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Pirate
My former FIL made the same sauce and the same way, except no citrus, and he put tomatillos and garlic in his sauce. Since he and I both liked it burning hot, he'd add a few habaneros to the batch to make it hotter. I used it as condiment on meats and I ate it with corn chips. Thinking about it is making my mouth water...
habanerojooz is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2017, 04:21 PM   #14
bowmansdad
Registered Users-pm+

bowmansdad has been promoted to Piratebowmansdad has been promoted to Piratebowmansdad has been promoted to Piratebowmansdad has been promoted to Piratebowmansdad has been promoted to Piratebowmansdad has been promoted to Piratebowmansdad has been promoted to Piratebowmansdad has been promoted to Piratebowmansdad has been promoted to Piratebowmansdad has been promoted to Piratebowmansdad has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by w_r_ranch View Post
Yep, I do half of them with seeded because some people (mostly my wife) said it's too hot otherwise, LOL!!! Seriously, I think it mellows out after a month.

The strainer I use is a fine mesh stainless steel basket-type.

Thanks for the help! I'm going to make a batch tomorrow. I've been making poppers all afternoon to put in the freezer.
bowmansdad is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2017, 07:42 PM   #15
Tony06
Registered Users-pm+

Tony06 has been promoted to PirateTony06 has been promoted to PirateTony06 has been promoted to PirateTony06 has been promoted to PirateTony06 has been promoted to PirateTony06 has been promoted to PirateTony06 has been promoted to PirateTony06 has been promoted to PirateTony06 has been promoted to PirateTony06 has been promoted to PirateTony06 has been promoted to Pirate
Just made some of this today. I didnt strain it as i like it hot. Tried on some shrimp tacos and i will be keeping some of this on hand at all times. Thanks for sharing.
Tony06 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2017, 07:43 PM   #16
dbarham
manvel mob

dbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Pirate
Put these in jars just now

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
dbarham is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2017, 01:08 PM   #17
Lagunaroy
Registered Users-pm+

Lagunaroy has been promoted to PirateLagunaroy has been promoted to PirateLagunaroy has been promoted to PirateLagunaroy has been promoted to PirateLagunaroy has been promoted to PirateLagunaroy has been promoted to PirateLagunaroy has been promoted to PirateLagunaroy has been promoted to PirateLagunaroy has been promoted to PirateLagunaroy has been promoted to PirateLagunaroy has been promoted to Pirate
Ok, we did a small batch the other day. Wife loved it, so she experiments...

If you use mustard in deviled eggs, pimento and cheese, and tuna fish replace the mustard with this sauce.

Neighbor used it in a remoulade with half the usual horseradish, and then he showed me how to layer the sauce in a Bloody Mary.

Ranch this is a great sauce, still experimenting, gonna do potato salad with it tomorrow.

Thinking about adding cilantro, cause we like it.
Lagunaroy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message