2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

triple tail recipe

9K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Bug_Power 
#1 ·
What is the best way to cook Triple Tail? I shot one this weekend and would like specific directions/recipe on how to cook it. Thanks in advance!

#3 ·
Does anyone know why it is illegal to shot game fish in State waters. Does anyone think it would be worth trying to get the state to change this. Cause to me it would be nice to go to the Jetties on a nice day and shoot a few fish other than just snapper and sheephead. I don't think there are enough people in Texas spearfishing that they would shoot all the fish. Personally I take alot few fish when I am spearing cause I am more selective on the fish I do take.

#5 ·
Here'sone I like. Place fillets in pan and pour melted butter over each one, real butter not the fake stuff. Allow to sit until butter stiffens. Season each fillet with Chef Paul Proudoume (sp?) seafood seasoning, to taste. I like it not to heavy. Heat up the pit/grill using mesquite wood. When grill is good and hot place a piece of foil on grill, curling up the edges. This keeps the juices/butter from running into the fire. Use the thick foil and double it but make it about the same size as the fillets. Lay the fillets on the foil for about 10-15 minutes in a smokey grill flipping once if needed depending on thickness and temp. Serve with some type of rice dish and a good white wine. Fairly quick, not much cleanup. Oh! I almost forgot, what time do we eat?

#7 ·
tokavi said:
This recipe is also great on snapper.
I do pretty much the same thing on the grill... keeping the skin/scales on the fillet, sprikling with lemon and butter, and pinching some cajun seasoning onto them. I have used Mesquite and Pecan, and have gotten great results. Flesh comes right off the skin... don't need the foil and doesn't take very long to cook. Don't want to dry out the fish too much. I add a little pico de gallo on top to serve and chow down!

#9 ·
will_spear4food said:
I do pretty much the same thing on the grill... keeping the skin/scales on the fillet, sprikling with lemon and butter, and pinching some cajun seasoning onto them. I have used Mesquite and Pecan, and have gotten great results. Flesh comes right off the skin... don't need the foil and doesn't take very long to cook. Don't want to dry out the fish too much. I add a little pico de gallo on top to serve and chow down!
Works great for redfish as well. I just cut them down the middle add some butter, lemon pepper and garlic. I was actually TOLD to go redfishing the next day so we could have it for dinner the next night!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.