Advice/Help Needed on Trailer Bunks - Page 4 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise  |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Bluewater Forums > Bluewater Board (Recreational Fishing)

Notices

Old 04-21-2017, 02:40 PM   #31
TXFishin
FV Relentless

TXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Little Big boat View Post
I made mine long! From the back axle to just in front of the front cross member. I also sprayed them with that bunk spray so the boat rides up easily.
I placed them just far enough apart so the boat don't hit the trailer and she now loads much easier than ever before.
Like the idea, makes sense

FV Relentless
TXFishin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2017, 03:30 PM   #32
seastealth
Registered Users-pm+

seastealth is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I strongly believe you need to extend your boards back towards the stern of the boat. I have a 25 footer and have had other boats before this, and this appears to me right off the bat the issue you are having. Check out most boat trailers and you should see those runner boards barely sticking out beyond the length of your boat.
seastealth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2017, 04:13 PM   #33
TXFishin
FV Relentless

TXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by seastealth View Post
I strongly believe you need to extend your boards back towards the stern of the boat. I have a 25 footer and have had other boats before this, and this appears to me right off the bat the issue you are having. Check out most boat trailers and you should see those runner boards barely sticking out beyond the length of your boat.
If you are talking about the main runners they extend all the way to the back and even with the bottom of the boat

The rear of the boat has the euro transom with a step in it, any further back and the main runners won't be supporting anything

FV Relentless
Old 04-21-2017, 04:21 PM   #34
TXFishin
FV Relentless

Quote:
Originally Posted by seastealth View Post
I don't have a very clear picture, but the main bunks extend to within 0 to 1/2" from the back of the boat when loaded, any further back they won't be supporting anything and even in current configuration I have to make sure the trim tabs are up when loading it will damage them

FV Relentless
Old 04-22-2017, 10:23 AM   #35
Ripit
Registered Users-pm+

Ripit has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRipit has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRipit has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRipit has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRipit has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRipit has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRipit has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRipit has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRipit has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRipit has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRipit has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
I'd put side guides in it. I put them on a cat I bought last year and they work great. If you get up on top of them you will just slide back off. With the slope of the ramp the front portion of the hull will it first but as you move farther on to trailer you will slide right in place.
I built mine myself because I couldn't find any stock one to fit.
Attached Images

Ripit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2017, 10:24 AM   #36
Ripit
Registered Users-pm+

Ripit has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRipit has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRipit has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRipit has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRipit has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRipit has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRipit has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRipit has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRipit has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRipit has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRipit has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Mine
Attached Images

Old 04-22-2017, 10:25 AM   #37
Ripit
Registered Users-pm+

They're not pretty but they work.
Attached Images

Old 04-22-2017, 10:32 AM   #38
Ripit
Registered Users-pm+

Mine again resized
Attached Images

Old 04-22-2017, 04:02 PM   #39
lazycreek
Registered Users-pm+

lazycreek is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Question help,trailer bunks

from your pic them lift strakes appear close to your big bunks, may be related to the stern movement, also hard unload--look at while boat on trailer, might widen those main bunks an inch or so, as someone suggested liquid rollers/liquid soap can help, also might install a couple of centering keel rollers(12") on trailer crossmembers, good luck
lazycreek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message