Soft Plastics Care - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Notices

Old 06-18-2017, 10:57 AM   #1
Randy & Beautiful Girl
Registered Users-pm+

Randy & Beautiful Girl has been promoted to PirateRandy & Beautiful Girl has been promoted to PirateRandy & Beautiful Girl has been promoted to PirateRandy & Beautiful Girl has been promoted to PirateRandy & Beautiful Girl has been promoted to PirateRandy & Beautiful Girl has been promoted to PirateRandy & Beautiful Girl has been promoted to PirateRandy & Beautiful Girl has been promoted to PirateRandy & Beautiful Girl has been promoted to PirateRandy & Beautiful Girl has been promoted to PirateRandy & Beautiful Girl has been promoted to Pirate
Soft Plastics Care

Is there anything that ya'll use to keep soft plastics from getting sticky and melting over time?
Randy & Beautiful Girl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2017, 11:20 AM   #2
My Coast Outdoors

My Coast Outdoors has been promoted to PirateMy Coast Outdoors has been promoted to PirateMy Coast Outdoors has been promoted to PirateMy Coast Outdoors has been promoted to PirateMy Coast Outdoors has been promoted to PirateMy Coast Outdoors has been promoted to PirateMy Coast Outdoors has been promoted to PirateMy Coast Outdoors has been promoted to PirateMy Coast Outdoors has been promoted to PirateMy Coast Outdoors has been promoted to PirateMy Coast Outdoors has been promoted to Pirate
When they get sticky, like the corkys do, I wash them with dish washing soap. A controlled temp helps, but corkys will still get sticky if stored in the house. Other option is to use them more.
My Coast Outdoors is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2017, 11:33 AM   #3
troutsupport

troutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Pirate
X2.... Yeah they get a lot less sticky with teeth marks in them ;-)

Also watch out for mixing soft plastics made from plastisol (typical soft plastic worm PVC material) and materials like vudu or zman elaztech which are TPE (Thermoplastic elastomers) the TPE will destroy the plastisol lures and vice versa.
troutsupport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2017, 09:02 PM   #4
LA Wader
Registered Users-pm+

LA Wader has been promoted to PirateLA Wader has been promoted to PirateLA Wader has been promoted to PirateLA Wader has been promoted to PirateLA Wader has been promoted to PirateLA Wader has been promoted to PirateLA Wader has been promoted to PirateLA Wader has been promoted to PirateLA Wader has been promoted to PirateLA Wader has been promoted to PirateLA Wader has been promoted to Pirate
I've personally never had my soft plastics melt, but when corks got carelessly placed the cork had an impression of the bait melted into it! I keep all my plastics in the packs they come in and put all the packs of that color in a ziplock (gallon) bag. I then store the ziplocks in a plastic tote. This keeps everything organized. If I am storing some soft plastics in a plastic tray (plastics I buy in bulk), I spray them with Pam and haven't had any problems by doing this. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LA Wader is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message