Lews lite - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Notices

Old 06-16-2017, 05:22 PM   #1
hurricane matt
Registered Users-pm+

hurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Pirate
Lews lite

Picked up a lews lite on sale at academy. Seem OK for bass are they OK for salt? They were 50 bucks off. Guess just used to Calcutta and morrums. Spooled with 12# Cajun and see how it feels at the bass pond!
hurricane matt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2017, 05:29 PM   #2
Blk Jck 224
Good Things Come To Those Who Wade

Blk Jck 224 has been promoted to PirateBlk Jck 224 has been promoted to PirateBlk Jck 224 has been promoted to PirateBlk Jck 224 has been promoted to PirateBlk Jck 224 has been promoted to PirateBlk Jck 224 has been promoted to PirateBlk Jck 224 has been promoted to PirateBlk Jck 224 has been promoted to PirateBlk Jck 224 has been promoted to PirateBlk Jck 224 has been promoted to PirateBlk Jck 224 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane matt View Post
Picked up a lews lite on sale at academy. Seem OK for bass are they OK for salt? They were 50 bucks off. Guess just used to Calcutta and morrums. Spooled with 12# Cajun and see how it feels at the bass pond!
The Lews Team Lite is the best reel I have ever owned...That red mono is carp...It might be OK for the bass pond for some perch jerkin...You will need some 10# P-Line Moss Green MKono X-Strong when you get serious in the bay
Blk Jck 224 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2017, 05:31 PM   #3
hurricane matt
Registered Users-pm+

hurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Pirate
OK thanks! Yeah I cheaped on the line , bough bunch of corn instead. Looks like braid would be good on it!

On sale 129 right now , usual 179!

Last edited by hurricane matt; 06-16-2017 at 05:42 PM.
hurricane matt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2017, 06:11 PM   #4
pocjetty
I hate rude behavior in a man.

pocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane matt View Post
OK thanks! Yeah I cheaped on the line , bough bunch of corn instead. Looks like braid would be good on it!

On sale 129 right now , usual 179!

It's the Tournament Lite G, not the Team Lew's Lite. Biggest difference I can see is it's a carbon frame instead of aluminum. But at 129 bucks, it's really a good deal.

I bought one yesterday with the 6.8 gear ratio. Put it on a firm 6'6" rod, and spooled it with 15# braid, and it's a casting fool. I caught a bunch of trout on it this morning, and so far I'm more than pleased. I can't vouch for durability, but my other Lew's have been good. I don't think you'll be disappointed with your purchase.

Just to give you something else to think about in the mono department - Stren has a MagnaThin mono line that I really like. It's a smaller diameter than the equivalent in any other mono line I've found. So 10# MagnaThin is more like 6-8# in other lines. It's been good in the abrasion resistance department. I've been throwing it about 8 months, and like it enough that I bought a 2,600 yard spool of it this week.
pocjetty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2017, 06:13 PM   #5
dk2429
Pro life, pro gun, Trump 2016

dk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk Jck 224 View Post
The Lews Team Lite is the best reel I have ever owned...That red mono is carp...It might be OK for the bass pond for some perch jerkin...You will need some 10# P-Line Moss Green MKono X-Strong when you get serious in the bay
I think he's talking about the tournament lite. The Lews Lite is $240 original.

Either way, you got yourself a reel that will last a life time. If you want some good mono, get 12# Suffix Superior. That's all I use and it works great! VERY little memory in it. Thats why i like it
dk2429 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2017, 08:09 PM   #6
deerhunter5
Registered Users-pm+

deerhunter5 has been promoted to Piratedeerhunter5 has been promoted to Piratedeerhunter5 has been promoted to Piratedeerhunter5 has been promoted to Piratedeerhunter5 has been promoted to Piratedeerhunter5 has been promoted to Piratedeerhunter5 has been promoted to Piratedeerhunter5 has been promoted to Piratedeerhunter5 has been promoted to Piratedeerhunter5 has been promoted to Piratedeerhunter5 has been promoted to Pirate
I've had my tournament lite for over a year and a half and I love it. Great reel
deerhunter5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2017, 09:19 PM   #7
hanson696
Registered Users-pm+

hanson696 has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterhanson696 has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterhanson696 has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterhanson696 has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterhanson696 has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterhanson696 has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterhanson696 has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterhanson696 has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterhanson696 has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterhanson696 has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterhanson696 has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMaster
I just sold off both of my 13 fishing concept tx (trash) for lews team lites. Was casting in the street and so far so good, but we will see next weekend.
hanson696 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2017, 10:18 PM   #8
artys only
Registered Users-pm+

artys only has been promoted to Pirateartys only has been promoted to Pirateartys only has been promoted to Pirateartys only has been promoted to Pirateartys only has been promoted to Pirateartys only has been promoted to Pirateartys only has been promoted to Pirateartys only has been promoted to Pirateartys only has been promoted to Pirateartys only has been promoted to Pirateartys only has been promoted to Pirate
Great reels !
artys only is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2017, 07:50 AM   #9
mbj358
Registered Users-pm+

mbj358 has been promoted to Piratembj358 has been promoted to Piratembj358 has been promoted to Piratembj358 has been promoted to Piratembj358 has been promoted to Piratembj358 has been promoted to Piratembj358 has been promoted to Piratembj358 has been promoted to Piratembj358 has been promoted to Piratembj358 has been promoted to Piratembj358 has been promoted to Pirate
Lews

I realy like my Lews. My Shimanos have been put on the shelf for several years now.
mbj358 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2017, 09:23 AM   #10
troutsupport

troutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Pirate
Yeah, all my Lews have been top notch and holding up fine. For that prices it's a great little reel especially one that weighs in as light as the Team Lews Lite does. Same guts as the BB1 pro almost... nice little reel.
troutsupport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message