More Trout Action! - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Individual Fishing & Game Reports

Notices

Old 06-16-2017, 09:39 AM   #1
GSMAN
Registered Users-pm+

GSMAN has been promoted to PirateGSMAN has been promoted to PirateGSMAN has been promoted to PirateGSMAN has been promoted to PirateGSMAN has been promoted to PirateGSMAN has been promoted to PirateGSMAN has been promoted to PirateGSMAN has been promoted to PirateGSMAN has been promoted to PirateGSMAN has been promoted to PirateGSMAN has been promoted to Pirate
More Trout Action!

Couldn't make it out to the open bay due to the winds yesterday and Wednesday. Fished around Texas city reefs with some steady action. The weather "forecasts" for the last few days showed 8, 9, 10 mph winds. Totally inaccurate. Last couple of days started around 13 and 14 mph winds and got worse as the day progressed. You would think they would adjust their models but it would be too much to ask. Ok, end of rant. Threw bait with lots of black tip sharks in the mix. Never caught so many close to shore. Limited out on Wednesday and Thursday was a little slower but still a blast none the less. In addition to sharks attacking our baits, the pot lickers were worst that I've seen all year. Running wide open behind our drifts. I don't will never understand that mentality. Ok, second rant over!
Attached Images

GSMAN is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2017, 09:47 AM   #2
Aggieross05
Registered Users-pm+

Aggieross05 has been promoted to PirateAggieross05 has been promoted to PirateAggieross05 has been promoted to PirateAggieross05 has been promoted to PirateAggieross05 has been promoted to PirateAggieross05 has been promoted to PirateAggieross05 has been promoted to PirateAggieross05 has been promoted to PirateAggieross05 has been promoted to PirateAggieross05 has been promoted to PirateAggieross05 has been promoted to Pirate
nice catch

How is it potlicking if they are running wide open behind your drifts...that is where they should run
Aggieross05 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2017, 10:27 AM   #3
Bozo
Typical Texan

Bozo has been promoted to PirateBozo has been promoted to PirateBozo has been promoted to PirateBozo has been promoted to PirateBozo has been promoted to PirateBozo has been promoted to PirateBozo has been promoted to PirateBozo has been promoted to PirateBozo has been promoted to PirateBozo has been promoted to PirateBozo has been promoted to Pirate
I love seeing proof that you can catch fish without a $500 rod and reel.
Bozo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2017, 10:31 AM   #4
Salty_UH
WHOSE HOUSE? COOGS HOUSE!

Salty_UH has been promoted to PirateSalty_UH has been promoted to PirateSalty_UH has been promoted to PirateSalty_UH has been promoted to PirateSalty_UH has been promoted to PirateSalty_UH has been promoted to PirateSalty_UH has been promoted to PirateSalty_UH has been promoted to PirateSalty_UH has been promoted to PirateSalty_UH has been promoted to PirateSalty_UH has been promoted to Pirate
awesome with zebco in the picture....my dad will fish with a pistol grip zebby til he dies

he just shakes his head at my abu garcia revo rocket, custom rod loaded with that "sewing rope" as he calls braid!!!!!
Salty_UH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2017, 10:47 AM   #5
kenny
Registered Users-pm+

kenny has been promoted to Piratekenny has been promoted to Piratekenny has been promoted to Piratekenny has been promoted to Piratekenny has been promoted to Piratekenny has been promoted to Piratekenny has been promoted to Piratekenny has been promoted to Piratekenny has been promoted to Piratekenny has been promoted to Piratekenny has been promoted to Pirate
The Classic Xylophone

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMAN View Post
Couldn't make it out to the open bay due to the winds yesterday and Wednesday. Fished around Texas city reefs with some steady action. The weather "forecasts" for the last few days showed 8, 9, 10 mph winds. Totally inaccurate. Last couple of days started around 13 and 14 mph winds and got worse as the day progressed. You would think they would adjust their models but it would be too much to ask. Ok, end of rant. Threw bait with lots of black tip sharks in the mix. Never caught so many close to shore. Limited out on Wednesday and Thursday was a little slower but still a blast none the less. In addition to sharks attacking our baits, the pot lickers were worst that I've seen all year. Running wide open behind our drifts. I don't will never understand that mentality. Ok, second rant over!
Yes Sir, the classic xylophone, easily my favorite display followed by the Daisy.
kenny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2017, 10:56 AM   #6
K Man
K Man

K Man has been promoted to PirateK Man has been promoted to PirateK Man has been promoted to PirateK Man has been promoted to PirateK Man has been promoted to PirateK Man has been promoted to PirateK Man has been promoted to PirateK Man has been promoted to PirateK Man has been promoted to PirateK Man has been promoted to PirateK Man has been promoted to Pirate
Great catch. What Zebco model is that? Looking for one for kids that would hold up to that type of action.
K Man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2017, 11:21 AM   #7
GSMAN
Registered Users-pm+

GSMAN has been promoted to PirateGSMAN has been promoted to PirateGSMAN has been promoted to PirateGSMAN has been promoted to PirateGSMAN has been promoted to PirateGSMAN has been promoted to PirateGSMAN has been promoted to PirateGSMAN has been promoted to PirateGSMAN has been promoted to PirateGSMAN has been promoted to PirateGSMAN has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggieross05 View Post
nice catch

How is it potlicking if they are running wide open behind your drifts...that is where they should run
Probably wrong phrasing when I used the word behind maybe. So the drill is to go up wind and let the wind push you through the area you want to hit. These bozos where running wide open in the area where we were getting ready to drift. Instead of going up wind in front of us and drifting the area. Running wide open with the big motor the area you are about to fish is a basic no no. He was an old fart like me and he should have known better. Plenty of room for the both of us to fish even though they would get pretty close to us.
It's just ruins it for him too.
Old 06-16-2017, 11:30 AM   #8
SaltwaterSlick
Registered Users-pm+

SaltwaterSlick has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterSlick has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterSlick has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterSlick has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterSlick has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterSlick has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterSlick has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterSlick has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterSlick has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterSlick has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterSlick has been promoted to Pirate
Also interested in that Zebco model... That looks like the perfect rig for my grandsons!

Oh yea, congratulations on the catch too!
SaltwaterSlick is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2017, 11:41 AM   #9
Aggieross05
Registered Users-pm+

Aggieross05 has been promoted to PirateAggieross05 has been promoted to PirateAggieross05 has been promoted to PirateAggieross05 has been promoted to PirateAggieross05 has been promoted to PirateAggieross05 has been promoted to PirateAggieross05 has been promoted to PirateAggieross05 has been promoted to PirateAggieross05 has been promoted to PirateAggieross05 has been promoted to PirateAggieross05 has been promoted to Pirate
Oh ok I understand now...that does suck when they run right through your drift.

Like the 303 too 1/2 a ball bearing and it is hard to be the action of a 4' 11' fast action low power rod...lol nice catch once again!
Aggieross05 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2017, 11:46 AM   #10
GSMAN
Registered Users-pm+

Zebco

It's the Classic Zebco 33. I have 4 zebcos for my 4 grandsons. The 33 model has the left or right hand retrieve capability. I made the mistake to get the cheaper models but 2 of my grandsons are left handed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
Also interested in that Zebco model... That looks like the perfect rig for my grandsons!

Oh yea, congratulations on the catch too!

Last edited by GSMAN; 06-16-2017 at 12:04 PM.