Public Service Announcement - Page 3 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Notices

Old 06-15-2017, 10:09 PM   #21
barronj
SHUFL

barronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Pirate
On the water, I've received help twice but I've never had the opportunity to give it.
On the road is a different story. If you are in distress, I'm pulling over. In the past few months, I've changed a tire on a family's F150 (6/11/17, saw the cars behind them swerve around as they had a blow out on 35 south btw Tivoli & Rockport), given a jump to a family in a mini-van (middle of nowhere, S Texas), changed a tire on a trailer (snowbird on his way back to michigan, he was going to kill himself the way he was doing it), towed 2 people to a safer area and pulled a service truck out of the mud, etc. If you are a impeding traffic flow and I can tow you, bet that I will. I get the biggest kick out of helping people. I love to fix what's broken, and I like helping people on the side of the road.

Last edited by barronj; 06-15-2017 at 10:16 PM.
barronj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2017, 11:03 PM   #22
fishin shallow
Registered Users-pm+

fishin shallow has been promoted to Piratefishin shallow has been promoted to Piratefishin shallow has been promoted to Piratefishin shallow has been promoted to Piratefishin shallow has been promoted to Piratefishin shallow has been promoted to Piratefishin shallow has been promoted to Piratefishin shallow has been promoted to Piratefishin shallow has been promoted to Piratefishin shallow has been promoted to Piratefishin shallow has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Im Headed South View Post
Known fact, the karma gods will catch up to you if you ignore a fellow boater in need.
A buddy of mine used to be the one that turned his head until one day his steering cable broke. He couldn't understand why no one stopped to help him. I told him Karma is a biotch...he didn't like that very much.
fishin shallow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2017, 12:28 AM   #23
Action BC

Action BC is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Sharkchum for president! You sir are a good man and hats off to you. I once heard a story for my father in law down near Baffin. A guy was running Rocky Slough and tore his lower unit. I'm no corpus local but if it's called rocky anything I ain't running it in my boat. Long story short everyone was fine but my father in law stopped to help because he was trying to wave ppl down. Well he was demanding a tow all the way back home. He told him it was too far but he would gladly let him join his boat and fish for the day since they were already all the way down there, ride home with him, and find a buddy to go rescue your boat the next day. The man got upset and said you have to provide aid it's the law!! He said yeah you are right but you can't chose which aid I provide and your life is not in danger, and your the one running through rocky slough, not me. Needless to say the man stayed with his boat and ol' Roy went fishing anyways. Moral of story is you never know what it could be but you have to be a good citizen and offer a hand on the water.
Action BC is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2017, 07:03 AM   #24
cva34
Registered Users-pm+

cva34 has been promoted to Piratecva34 has been promoted to Piratecva34 has been promoted to Piratecva34 has been promoted to Piratecva34 has been promoted to Piratecva34 has been promoted to Piratecva34 has been promoted to Piratecva34 has been promoted to Piratecva34 has been promoted to Piratecva34 has been promoted to Piratecva34 has been promoted to Pirate
Great reminder..Thx to all Helpers ..I always Help and have been Helped..Even had a few fishing trips ruined by helping someone ,.and wiil sacrifice a fishing anytime to help someone stranded on water...Helps me sleep at nite...
cva34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2017, 08:43 AM   #25
troutsupport

troutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Pirate
I agree. Nice work Johnny.. One day we're going to be the one in distress... if it hasn't happened yet... it will eventually.

Good on you for taken care of the dude.
troutsupport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2017, 09:23 AM   #26
iwant2fish
Registered Users-pm+

iwant2fish has been promoted to Pirateiwant2fish has been promoted to Pirateiwant2fish has been promoted to Pirateiwant2fish has been promoted to Pirateiwant2fish has been promoted to Pirateiwant2fish has been promoted to Pirateiwant2fish has been promoted to Pirateiwant2fish has been promoted to Pirateiwant2fish has been promoted to Pirateiwant2fish has been promoted to Pirateiwant2fish has been promoted to Pirate
Why wouldn't you stop?
iwant2fish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2017, 09:40 AM   #27
Lexy1
Registered Users-pm+

Lexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by justletmein View Post
Everyone in here will agree with you Sharkchum, but half of the people posting in agreement will be the same ones too hurried running around in 60+mph boats to stop and help. Seen it many many times before and experienced it myself. Also experienced a guy ran up on me in the middle of the night from across the bay to check on me when I was flounder gigging, he thought I'd got stuck on the sandbar and stopped fishing to come help me. Good guys are out there but they're becoming more rare by the minute. We stop when we see people pushing, etc, whether they flag us down or not.
This is a SAD fact here. People said one thing but do the opposite. We will have to answer to GOD about that.
My friend and I were in the similar situation. His boat could not start. Few boats flied by while seeing us flag the life vest and acted like they were blind. He finally had his friend to come out to tow him in. We were dead on water for 3 hours. This was in the West bay area few months ago.
Lexy1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2017, 05:48 PM   #28
rosetejas
Registered Users-pm+

rosetejas has been promoted to Piraterosetejas has been promoted to Piraterosetejas has been promoted to Piraterosetejas has been promoted to Piraterosetejas has been promoted to Piraterosetejas has been promoted to Piraterosetejas has been promoted to Piraterosetejas has been promoted to Piraterosetejas has been promoted to Piraterosetejas has been promoted to Piraterosetejas has been promoted to Pirate
Helping out

The funny thing is that when you do help someone, you usually feel so good about it that it is it's own reward. Those that pass up on the chance to help lose out. I help whenever I have the chance and have been helped in return. It's called being a decent human being!
rosetejas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2017, 06:13 PM   #29
gman1772
All men die, not all men really live.

gman1772 has been promoted to Pirategman1772 has been promoted to Pirategman1772 has been promoted to Pirategman1772 has been promoted to Pirategman1772 has been promoted to Pirategman1772 has been promoted to Pirategman1772 has been promoted to Pirategman1772 has been promoted to Pirategman1772 has been promoted to Pirategman1772 has been promoted to Pirategman1772 has been promoted to Pirate
Never have understood what would make someone NOT help another boater in a jam. Then again I've got bay skippers on both sides of the family tree. Anytime I see a rig dead in the water I pull the throttle down and wait for a thumbs up.

It's the way it's supposed to be done. It's the way it was always done up until the last 10 or so years.
gman1772 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2017, 06:40 PM   #30
HumbleRon
Registered Users-pm+

HumbleRon is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Agreed....recently bailed out by a barge crew....needed a jump....their charger would not work..but one of them remembered they had a new battery and another had cables...tried to give them some money and they would not take.....Son had recently pulled someone in so remember..."Karma"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
HumbleRon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message