Public Service Announcement - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Notices

Old 06-15-2017, 12:53 PM   #1
sharkchum
If you ain't first your last

sharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Pirate
Public Service Announcement

Do Not Ignore Boaters In Distress.

Yesterday afternoon when I was heading back to the ramp on Dickinson bayou I heard a horn and when I looked over there was someone standing on the front of a boat waving a orange life jacket in the air. I quickly shut it down and headed there way. It was a guy by his self, his lower unit busted and he drifted about 100yds from the channel before he threw his anchor out. I tossed him a line and pulled him back to the dock. It was no problem at all, and only took about 10 minuets of my time.
Here's the bad part. He had already honked his horn and waved his life jacket at 7 or 8 other boats before before I came by ,and he said they all looked at him then turned the other way without even slowing down.
This is ridiculous. You should never ignore someone in distress. Even if your running late for work, or to take you wife to dinner, or trying to get to a tournament weigh in, you can still stop for 2 minuets and make sure everyone is safe. I can understand not wanting to tow someone in because your worried about messing up your boat or getting someone hurt, that's totally understandable. But to not even stop to check is insane.
This was just a guy who's boat broke down. He was anchored in protected waters and was in no danger at all. But what if it would have been a woman who's husband is laying in the bottom of the boat having a heart attack, or a kid who's dad fell overboard. How would you feel if your buddy, or brother, or dad fell out of the boat with the kill switch attached to them and you were stranded with no way to get help. You never know what's going on unless you stop and check.
Please always check on boaters in distress , even if you don't want to to them in. If you spend enough time on the water, sooner or later you will be the one in distress, and I'm sure you wouldn't want people passing you by.
sharkchum is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2017, 12:57 PM   #2
1528mac
Sharing is Careing

1528mac has been promoted to Pirate1528mac has been promoted to Pirate1528mac has been promoted to Pirate1528mac has been promoted to Pirate1528mac has been promoted to Pirate1528mac has been promoted to Pirate1528mac has been promoted to Pirate1528mac has been promoted to Pirate1528mac has been promoted to Pirate1528mac has been promoted to Pirate1528mac has been promoted to Pirate
Kudos! What he said ^^^^^^

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk
1528mac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2017, 01:05 PM   #3
DPFISHERMAN
DP FISHERMAN

DPFISHERMAN has been promoted to PirateDPFISHERMAN has been promoted to PirateDPFISHERMAN has been promoted to PirateDPFISHERMAN has been promoted to PirateDPFISHERMAN has been promoted to PirateDPFISHERMAN has been promoted to PirateDPFISHERMAN has been promoted to PirateDPFISHERMAN has been promoted to PirateDPFISHERMAN has been promoted to PirateDPFISHERMAN has been promoted to PirateDPFISHERMAN has been promoted to Pirate
^^x2
It could be you or one of us out there that needs help.
Awesome Job John....
DPFISHERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2017, 01:10 PM   #4
FisherofMen1
Registered Users-pm+

FisherofMen1 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)FisherofMen1 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)FisherofMen1 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)FisherofMen1 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)FisherofMen1 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)FisherofMen1 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)FisherofMen1 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)FisherofMen1 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)FisherofMen1 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)FisherofMen1 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)FisherofMen1 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
I agree Sharkum. A lot can go wrong very fast. We all have been or will be in that situation sooner or later. It is not a matter of if..... IT IS WHEN. God bless you Brother!!
FisherofMen1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2017, 01:31 PM   #5
Im Headed South
Registered Users-pm+

Im Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to Pirate
Known fact, the karma gods will catch up to you if you ignore a fellow boater in need.
Im Headed South is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2017, 01:40 PM   #6
sharkchum
If you ain't first your last

sharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Pirate
I always joke with people by saying if I'm on a bunch of fish, and I want to keep the potlicker's away, I take the cowling off my motor and try to flag down every boat that comes within eye sight and no one will get within 500yds of me. I'm starting to believe it's true in this day and age.
sharkchum is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2017, 02:00 PM   #7
redexpress
Registered Users-pm+

redexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirate
Helping a mariner in distress is the #1 rule of anybody getting on the water. Hopefully it never happens to them but payback is ****.
redexpress is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2017, 02:11 PM   #8
brickbat
Registered Users-pm+

brickbat has been promoted to the rank of Privateerbrickbat has been promoted to the rank of Privateerbrickbat has been promoted to the rank of Privateerbrickbat has been promoted to the rank of Privateerbrickbat has been promoted to the rank of Privateerbrickbat has been promoted to the rank of Privateerbrickbat has been promoted to the rank of Privateerbrickbat has been promoted to the rank of Privateerbrickbat has been promoted to the rank of Privateerbrickbat has been promoted to the rank of Privateerbrickbat has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Guys it is also the law. Failure to stop and render aid is an offense that can get you a ticket. All he had to do was to turn in the boat numbers on the boats that drove passed him and that would be enough to get them contacted by the law.

But then a phone is always good to have, too,

brickbat
brickbat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2017, 02:59 PM   #9
bubbas kenner
Gods blessings surround us.

bubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Pirate
Well said Johnny
bubbas kenner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2017, 03:10 PM   #10
Hawglife
Registered Users-pm+

Hawglife has been promoted to PirateHawglife has been promoted to PirateHawglife has been promoted to PirateHawglife has been promoted to PirateHawglife has been promoted to PirateHawglife has been promoted to PirateHawglife has been promoted to PirateHawglife has been promoted to PirateHawglife has been promoted to PirateHawglife has been promoted to PirateHawglife has been promoted to Pirate
Good job man, people like you make boating better! I was having engine issues (fuel problem) this past weekend, and I was lucky enough to have a guy stop and check on me, didn't need anything, but he said he'd keep an eye on me, meant the world to my family and I, I will always go out of my way to help people when in distress, especially on the water.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Hawglife is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message