First rod over $200.. - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Notices

Old 06-14-2017, 10:35 PM   #11
dbarham
manvel mob

dbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Pirate
Okmajek built me some killer rods
dbarham is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2017, 11:24 PM   #12
Action BC

Action BC is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Sarge hassle or priest are my two favorite rods for soft plastics and top waters
Action BC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2017, 12:46 AM   #13
doyou
i fish

doyou has been promoted to the rank of Privateerdoyou has been promoted to the rank of Privateerdoyou has been promoted to the rank of Privateerdoyou has been promoted to the rank of Privateerdoyou has been promoted to the rank of Privateerdoyou has been promoted to the rank of Privateerdoyou has been promoted to the rank of Privateerdoyou has been promoted to the rank of Privateerdoyou has been promoted to the rank of Privateerdoyou has been promoted to the rank of Privateerdoyou has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
sarge priest is where its at

+1 for sarge , i love mine
doyou is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2017, 05:43 AM   #14
Smackdaddy53
Registered Users-pm+

Smackdaddy53 has been promoted to PirateSmackdaddy53 has been promoted to PirateSmackdaddy53 has been promoted to PirateSmackdaddy53 has been promoted to PirateSmackdaddy53 has been promoted to PirateSmackdaddy53 has been promoted to PirateSmackdaddy53 has been promoted to PirateSmackdaddy53 has been promoted to PirateSmackdaddy53 has been promoted to PirateSmackdaddy53 has been promoted to PirateSmackdaddy53 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk2429 View Post
Good wading/plastics rod?
Yes sir, I wade and sight cast with it mostly fishing light soft plastics but it is also an excellent corky and topwater rod. They are super lightweight with excellent backbone. I have had to replace broken recoils on a lot of rods because they use too small of a recoil for the last running guides, Laguna uses the correct size that will hold up to a braid to mono transition knot running through them while casting.
Smackdaddy53 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2017, 07:21 AM   #15
urdady1
Registered Users-pm+

urdady1 has been promoted to Pirateurdady1 has been promoted to Pirateurdady1 has been promoted to Pirateurdady1 has been promoted to Pirateurdady1 has been promoted to Pirateurdady1 has been promoted to Pirateurdady1 has been promoted to Pirateurdady1 has been promoted to Pirateurdady1 has been promoted to Pirateurdady1 has been promoted to Pirateurdady1 has been promoted to Pirate
just matched mine up to the tx edition Hookspit rod with the same specs you asked for, and its under 200 bucks, looks great, feels great
Attached Images

urdady1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2017, 07:42 AM   #16
Cajuntriton
Registered Users-pm+

Cajuntriton has been promoted to PirateCajuntriton has been promoted to PirateCajuntriton has been promoted to PirateCajuntriton has been promoted to PirateCajuntriton has been promoted to PirateCajuntriton has been promoted to PirateCajuntriton has been promoted to PirateCajuntriton has been promoted to PirateCajuntriton has been promoted to PirateCajuntriton has been promoted to PirateCajuntriton has been promoted to Pirate
First rod over $200..

All rod suggestions here are good, just throwing in my opinion on recoil guides. I can't stand them, they are too loud with braid (especially spinning rods) and I feel I lose casting distance but we know how opinions go, we all have them. I just don't get why spend so much on a smooth reel to have your guides grind and vibrate. I once bought the higher end h2o inshore rod with recoil and for the price loved them and they matched the curado e series's perfectly so bought 1 of every length/power they had, problem was the first one was used with mono and once I put reels with braid I wasn't so impressed. Now I have 6 $150 rods I need to sell. I'm sure they are durable but I'm not hard on my gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cajuntriton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2017, 08:04 AM   #17
Snaggletoothfrecklefish
Twitch Twitch....Thump

Snaggletoothfrecklefish has been promoted to PirateSnaggletoothfrecklefish has been promoted to PirateSnaggletoothfrecklefish has been promoted to PirateSnaggletoothfrecklefish has been promoted to PirateSnaggletoothfrecklefish has been promoted to PirateSnaggletoothfrecklefish has been promoted to PirateSnaggletoothfrecklefish has been promoted to PirateSnaggletoothfrecklefish has been promoted to PirateSnaggletoothfrecklefish has been promoted to PirateSnaggletoothfrecklefish has been promoted to PirateSnaggletoothfrecklefish has been promoted to Pirate
If you're primarily going to be throwing tails with it I would take a look at the Sarge Bohica, I love mine. I have a Waterloo HP Lite also and I mainly use it for wading because you can throw a good sized topwater with it and it is also sensitive enough to throw plastics if you want.
Snaggletoothfrecklefish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2017, 08:30 AM   #18
troutsupport

troutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Pirate
Here's a Lews 85million Modulus with Winn Grips... It's the rod I use. Super light, very sensitive, stainless guides with Titanium oxide inserts, the guides are small without going to micro guides. $140 on Amazon.. shipped directly from Lews. Spec it out against other rods, and it'll spec out closer to a $400 custom rod.

You might also look at FishStix.. he builds a super nice rod.

The Laguna's are nice.. and if you really can swing it the Sarge are great too.. But don't understimate what I'm saying about that Lews Stick. For the coin it can't be beat.
troutsupport is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2017, 08:34 AM   #19
TheSamarai
Registered Users-pm+

TheSamarai has been promoted to PirateTheSamarai has been promoted to PirateTheSamarai has been promoted to PirateTheSamarai has been promoted to PirateTheSamarai has been promoted to PirateTheSamarai has been promoted to PirateTheSamarai has been promoted to PirateTheSamarai has been promoted to PirateTheSamarai has been promoted to PirateTheSamarai has been promoted to PirateTheSamarai has been promoted to Pirate
the problem is once u buy the high end rod, you'll want to outfit the rest of your gear to the high end stuff. Honestly, i have alot of high end gear from shimano and g loomis and to me its become a mental exercise, i dont think they are worth the cost but i just cant get myself to purchase the cheap stuff anymore.
TheSamarai is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2017, 08:37 AM   #20
jpayne
Registered Users-pm+

jpayne has been promote to Gunnerjpayne has been promote to Gunnerjpayne has been promote to Gunnerjpayne has been promote to Gunnerjpayne has been promote to Gunnerjpayne has been promote to Gunnerjpayne has been promote to Gunnerjpayne has been promote to Gunnerjpayne has been promote to Gunnerjpayne has been promote to Gunnerjpayne has been promote to Gunner
Build a rod or get one custom built. The options are limitless. You can go to FTU and pick out your own rod blank. I build my own. I spend about $200 per rod with recoils and Winn Grips and I customize them to my liking. You can paint any rod blank as long as you use the right paint and let it cure properly
jpayne is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message