First rod over $200.. - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Notices

Old 06-14-2017, 07:11 PM   #1
dk2429
Pro life, pro gun, Trump 2016

dk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Pirate
First rod over $200..

Just bought a Concept TX (I said I will never buy another 13 reel, but I couldn't help not to try out the TX.) I've never bought a rod over $200, but for this reel, I figured might as well get a bad *** rod to go with it, so I'm kind of clueless on where to start. I'm looking good at the HP Lite from Waterloo, but if somebody can convince me enough to drop $370 on an Ultra Mag then I'd consider it. Looking for guidance on what to go after for my first rod over 200. Who ever I do end up getting from, I'd like the guide wraps to match the TX color and if possible I wouldn't mind getting my name put in the rod.

Also looking at the Diablo from Hookspit. I took a small look at Laguna's customs, but they had a lot so I wasn't sure on which one would best suit my needs.

This rod will primarily be used for tails. Looking for a medium light action, split grip cork, 6'6. I know this all comes down to personal preference, and I'll know that it's what I'm looking for when i go hold it. Just for now, looking for direction from the people that already have they rods over $200 and what they think of them.

While I'm at, what exactly is the deal with re coil guides? They have to be something good since they are almost an extra $100 on a rod.

Thanks!
dk2429 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2017, 07:28 PM   #2
SaltwaterJunkie
Registered Users-pm+

SaltwaterJunkie has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterJunkie has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterJunkie has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterJunkie has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterJunkie has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterJunkie has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterJunkie has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterJunkie has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterJunkie has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterJunkie has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterJunkie has been promoted to Pirate
http://stcroixrods.com/products/salt...eries-inshore/
SaltwaterJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2017, 07:30 PM   #3
Csafisher
Waiting on duck season...

Csafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to Pirate
Take a hard look at sarge and billystix. Stix might hook you up with a 2cool deal.
Csafisher is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2017, 07:34 PM   #4
dk2429

dk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Csafisher View Post
Take a hard look at sarge and billystix. Stix might hook you up with a 2cool deal.
Yeah I was thinking about him but never had seen/heard of anybody using them.
Old 06-14-2017, 08:00 PM   #5
Drifter
Registered Users-pm+

Drifter has been promoted to PirateDrifter has been promoted to PirateDrifter has been promoted to PirateDrifter has been promoted to PirateDrifter has been promoted to PirateDrifter has been promoted to PirateDrifter has been promoted to PirateDrifter has been promoted to PirateDrifter has been promoted to PirateDrifter has been promoted to PirateDrifter has been promoted to Pirate
Marsh rat rods....

Mr. Reed will either have or customize the rod for you.

http://m.facebook.com/Marsh-Rat-Fis...7282892950950/

Drifter
Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2017, 08:16 PM   #6
Smackdaddy53
Registered Users-pm+

Smackdaddy53 has been promoted to PirateSmackdaddy53 has been promoted to PirateSmackdaddy53 has been promoted to PirateSmackdaddy53 has been promoted to PirateSmackdaddy53 has been promoted to PirateSmackdaddy53 has been promoted to PirateSmackdaddy53 has been promoted to PirateSmackdaddy53 has been promoted to PirateSmackdaddy53 has been promoted to PirateSmackdaddy53 has been promoted to PirateSmackdaddy53 has been promoted to Pirate
Laguna Lt TX Wader 2 is a badass rod. I have been fishing mine for several years now and is awesome for everything.
Smackdaddy53 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2017, 09:32 PM   #7
dk2429

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smackdaddy53 View Post
Laguna Lt TX Wader 2 is a badass rod. I have been fishing mine for several years now and is awesome for everything.
Good wading/plastics rod?
Old 06-14-2017, 10:19 PM   #8
Hawglife
Registered Users-pm+

Hawglife has been promoted to PirateHawglife has been promoted to PirateHawglife has been promoted to PirateHawglife has been promoted to PirateHawglife has been promoted to PirateHawglife has been promoted to PirateHawglife has been promoted to PirateHawglife has been promoted to PirateHawglife has been promoted to PirateHawglife has been promoted to PirateHawglife has been promoted to Pirate
Get one of the guys on the rod building forum to build you a rod, it'll be a true custom rod, you can select what blank you want, and every component that goes on it.
Lagunas are good rods too, just gotta be careful with ANY really high modulus blanks, they tend to break easier. If you are gonna buy from a company, make sure they are easily accessible, I wouldn't think it's a good Idea to buy a rod from someone states away simply cuz of the issue of if something happens you gotta deal with the shipping, etc... Buy local!
I used to own Lagunas, and if I was gonna buy another custom (I make my own now) I wouldn't hesitate to buy another tx waded lt 2, my BIL still fishes them, and they are super light, and super sensitive.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Hawglife is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2017, 10:21 PM   #9
BILLYSTIX CUSTOM RODS

BILLYSTIX CUSTOM RODS has been promoted to PirateBILLYSTIX CUSTOM RODS has been promoted to PirateBILLYSTIX CUSTOM RODS has been promoted to PirateBILLYSTIX CUSTOM RODS has been promoted to PirateBILLYSTIX CUSTOM RODS has been promoted to PirateBILLYSTIX CUSTOM RODS has been promoted to PirateBILLYSTIX CUSTOM RODS has been promoted to PirateBILLYSTIX CUSTOM RODS has been promoted to PirateBILLYSTIX CUSTOM RODS has been promoted to PirateBILLYSTIX CUSTOM RODS has been promoted to PirateBILLYSTIX CUSTOM RODS has been promoted to Pirate
dont let me interrupt you guys but i can do a nice concept rod for ya ,just let me know if i can be of any help.
stix
Old 06-14-2017, 10:24 PM   #10
Hawglife
Registered Users-pm+

Hawglife has been promoted to PirateHawglife has been promoted to PirateHawglife has been promoted to PirateHawglife has been promoted to PirateHawglife has been promoted to PirateHawglife has been promoted to PirateHawglife has been promoted to PirateHawglife has been promoted to PirateHawglife has been promoted to PirateHawglife has been promoted to PirateHawglife has been promoted to Pirate
Oh and recoils are good, because they are flexible, you can literally bend them back and forth and they won't break. Not sure how much they will bend back k and forth before they finally bite, as they build fatigue stress (think of a paper clip, but made of titanium).

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Hawglife is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message