Fins Windtamer Braided Line - Page 3 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Notices

Old 06-14-2017, 08:04 AM   #21
troutsupport

troutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deer30 View Post
Are you guys using straight braid without a leader?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can tie straight to the hook, and it doesn't deter bites too much even in clear water.. but there are more reasons to go ahead and use the leader (either mono or Fluoro). Keeps the braid from getting in the hooks or split rings, aids in retying, you can tie a loop knot and get better action etc. etc.

832 is good, Best I've ever used even though it's not slick was Suffix Performance. Im still testing SeaGuar's Kantzen for longevity... no final word on it yet.
troutsupport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2017, 08:09 AM   #22
irbjd
Registered Users-pm+

irbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:

I use 20# Seaguar Invisx fluoro leader.
irbjd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2017, 08:18 AM   #23
Spec-Rig.006
Registered Users-pm+

Spec-Rig.006 has been promoted to PirateSpec-Rig.006 has been promoted to PirateSpec-Rig.006 has been promoted to PirateSpec-Rig.006 has been promoted to PirateSpec-Rig.006 has been promoted to PirateSpec-Rig.006 has been promoted to PirateSpec-Rig.006 has been promoted to PirateSpec-Rig.006 has been promoted to PirateSpec-Rig.006 has been promoted to PirateSpec-Rig.006 has been promoted to PirateSpec-Rig.006 has been promoted to Pirate
Suffix 832. Hands down.
Spec-Rig.006 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2017, 08:27 AM   #24
c hook
Registered Users-pm+

c hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Pirate
Power Pro Super Slick 8/30

I use Power Pro SS 8/30 and love it. I think it is personal preference, it's what are you comfortable with and what works for you. The pic is last week using PP SS 8/30. I use a 5 foot 20lb mono Andy leader with a back to back uni knot but occasionally tie straight to braid for tails, but never for top waters.
c hook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2017, 08:29 AM   #25
rat race
Ayatollah of Jack & Cola

rat race has been promoted to Piraterat race has been promoted to Piraterat race has been promoted to Piraterat race has been promoted to Piraterat race has been promoted to Piraterat race has been promoted to Piraterat race has been promoted to Piraterat race has been promoted to Piraterat race has been promoted to Piraterat race has been promoted to Piraterat race has been promoted to Pirate
Fins Windtamer Braided Line

Quote:

I use about 3 feet of flourocarbon leader tied with a crazy Alberto or uni to uni knot.

rat race is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2017, 08:32 AM   #26
D HOGG
Registered Users-pm+

D HOGG has been promoted to PirateD HOGG has been promoted to PirateD HOGG has been promoted to PirateD HOGG has been promoted to PirateD HOGG has been promoted to PirateD HOGG has been promoted to PirateD HOGG has been promoted to PirateD HOGG has been promoted to PirateD HOGG has been promoted to PirateD HOGG has been promoted to PirateD HOGG has been promoted to Pirate
I like both the Windtamer and Suffix 832 ....
I have a friend that is a tackle distributor and he sent me a care package that included some Diamond Spectra Braid. Took some getting used to.

But when its time to re-spool I will be going back to Windtamer.

I also use a fluorocarbon leader and use the crazy Alberto knot as well, but I tie a 5' piece to my braid. The knot has no issues going through my guide while casting. I use the longer leader only because I can get more time out of the 5' piece apposed to a shorter one.
D HOGG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2017, 09:41 AM   #27
Drundel
Registered Users-pm+

Drundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to Pirate
I think I must be either really good, or really bad at casting because I have about 5 or 6 different types of line and both spinning and casting reels and really can't tell much of a difference.

Now I buy what's cheapest. eBay braid is going on more reels.
Drundel is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2017, 10:00 AM   #28
layedback2
Registered Users-pm+

layedback2 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerlayedback2 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerlayedback2 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerlayedback2 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerlayedback2 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerlayedback2 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerlayedback2 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerlayedback2 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerlayedback2 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerlayedback2 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerlayedback2 has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
It is all marketing, Windtamer... They know most people have problems throwing in the wind. So it does it's job..Catching the fisherman..
layedback2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2017, 10:15 AM   #29
Salty Dog
Registered Users-pm+

Salty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by layedback2 View Post
It is all marketing, Windtamer... They know most people have problems throwing in the wind. So it does it's job..Catching the fisherman..
They heat it and draw it down to give it a little more body vs regular braid. It's supposed to help with wind knots on spinning reels. In my experience it does help with that. I've had good luck with Windtamer.
Salty Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2017, 11:51 AM   #30
fishin shallow
Registered Users-pm+

fishin shallow has been promoted to Piratefishin shallow has been promoted to Piratefishin shallow has been promoted to Piratefishin shallow has been promoted to Piratefishin shallow has been promoted to Piratefishin shallow has been promoted to Piratefishin shallow has been promoted to Piratefishin shallow has been promoted to Piratefishin shallow has been promoted to Piratefishin shallow has been promoted to Piratefishin shallow has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltmaster View Post
I have tried windtamer several times and always have problems with it snapping and breaking off so I will stick with my trusty sufix 832. Never a single issue.
Exact same issue I had. I use 832 and Jerry Brown
fishin shallow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message