I need a better way to attach stringer to wade belt - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Notices

Old 06-13-2017, 04:05 PM   #1
gigem87
I will have my glory day in the hot sun!

gigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirate
Question I need a better way to attach stringer to wade belt

What I have now is just a nylon "pocket" that the metal end of the stringer stabs into.

It works fine in the bay, and when I don't have any fish or a bait bucket on it. But when I am fishing bait in the surf, it doesn't work. If my stuff gets caught in any wave action at all, it rips the stringer right out of that nylon holder. The Velcro tap on that little pocket is useless.

In the olden days, I had a metal thing on my belt that the stringer would go through and then you jammed it down. It worked great, and wave action wouldn't pull it free. You had to pull "up" on the stringer to get it loose to string a fish, which was easy to do one handed. I can't find these anywhere, looked at FTU yesterday - nothing.

This is about all I could find online. It looks like a longline clip, which I think will work but not sure it is a one handed operation.

Any other ideas? This shouldn't be so complicated!
gigem87 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2017, 04:15 PM   #2
irbjd
Registered Users-pm+

irbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirate
I use a longline clip to hold my stringer. It can be a little challenging to put on one handed, but it's not that hard to use two hands. And if your stringer is getting tugged by the man in the grey suit, all you have to do is press the release, which can be done with one hand. I'll post up a picture tonight.
irbjd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2017, 04:22 PM   #3
Down_South_Stingray
Registered Users-pm+

Down_South_Stingray has been promoted to the rank of GunnerDown_South_Stingray has been promoted to the rank of GunnerDown_South_Stingray has been promoted to the rank of GunnerDown_South_Stingray has been promoted to the rank of GunnerDown_South_Stingray has been promoted to the rank of GunnerDown_South_Stingray has been promoted to the rank of GunnerDown_South_Stingray has been promoted to the rank of GunnerDown_South_Stingray has been promoted to the rank of GunnerDown_South_Stingray has been promoted to the rank of GunnerDown_South_Stingray has been promoted to the rank of GunnerDown_South_Stingray has been promoted to the rank of Gunner
http://www.lsgear.com/product-page/fish-product

Found this nice stringer holder on-line. Very simple to use and minimalist feel.
Down_South_Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2017, 04:24 PM   #4
big D.
Registered Users-pm+

big D. has been promoted to Piratebig D. has been promoted to Piratebig D. has been promoted to Piratebig D. has been promoted to Piratebig D. has been promoted to Piratebig D. has been promoted to Piratebig D. has been promoted to Piratebig D. has been promoted to Piratebig D. has been promoted to Piratebig D. has been promoted to Piratebig D. has been promoted to Pirate
I've been having the same problem and looking into this as well. I also think this clip would work good to clip onto the kayak! Here is a video of it in action! Looks like two hands are necessary...

Anyone use these clips and like or hate them?

big D. is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2017, 04:42 PM   #5
Fishsurfer
Snakesurf

Fishsurfer has been promoted to PirateFishsurfer has been promoted to PirateFishsurfer has been promoted to PirateFishsurfer has been promoted to PirateFishsurfer has been promoted to PirateFishsurfer has been promoted to PirateFishsurfer has been promoted to PirateFishsurfer has been promoted to PirateFishsurfer has been promoted to PirateFishsurfer has been promoted to PirateFishsurfer has been promoted to Pirate
I use the one you have a picture of but you need two hands to use it. The older style nylon rope and bobber type will work with just a simple knot that can be undone with one hand.
Fishsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2017, 04:52 PM   #6
gigem87

gigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down_South_Stingray View Post
http://www.lsgear.com/product-page/fish-product

Found this nice stringer holder on-line. Very simple to use and minimalist feel.
Can't really see it too good on their website. It sounds good, but does it work in the surf with a loaded stringer getting yanked on? Do you have one?
Old 06-13-2017, 05:20 PM   #7
marinabaypub
tomato king of nowhere

marinabaypub has been promoted to the rank of Privateermarinabaypub has been promoted to the rank of Privateermarinabaypub has been promoted to the rank of Privateermarinabaypub has been promoted to the rank of Privateermarinabaypub has been promoted to the rank of Privateermarinabaypub has been promoted to the rank of Privateermarinabaypub has been promoted to the rank of Privateermarinabaypub has been promoted to the rank of Privateermarinabaypub has been promoted to the rank of Privateermarinabaypub has been promoted to the rank of Privateermarinabaypub has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
I've been using this. http://www.lsgear.com/product-page/...d-holder-bl-yl
marinabaypub is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2017, 07:17 PM   #8
irbjd
Registered Users-pm+

irbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirate
Here is mine.
Attached Images

irbjd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2017, 08:00 PM   #9
LaddH
Registered Users-pm+

LaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to Pirate
This is the best I have found. It will not work on the plastic coated stringers or a large diameter stringer but you can not beat it for one handed operation.
You can also double the line to shorten the stringer when it is empty or you want the fish closer to you.
Here is the bad news. I bought the one you see here over 25 years ago and found another one at a garage sale and I have no idea where to get them. If anyone has seen them anywhere please post up the info. I would jump on a couple more just to have them.
Attached Images

Last edited by LaddH; 06-13-2017 at 08:06 PM.
LaddH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2017, 08:17 PM   #10
gigem87

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaddH View Post
This is the best I have found. It will not work on the plastic coated stringers or a large diameter stringer but you can not beat it for one handed operation.
You can also double the line to shorten the stringer when it is empty or you want the fish closer to you.
Here is the bad news. I bought the one you see here over 25 years ago and found another one at a garage sale and I have no idea where to get them. If anyone has seen them anywhere please post up the info. I would jump on a couple more just to have them.
Yes! That is the kind I used to have. I need one!!!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk