Friday Galveston West End - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Individual Fishing & Game Reports

Notices

Old 06-17-2017, 10:53 AM   #11
bill

bill has been promoted to Piratebill has been promoted to Piratebill has been promoted to Piratebill has been promoted to Piratebill has been promoted to Piratebill has been promoted to Piratebill has been promoted to Piratebill has been promoted to Piratebill has been promoted to Piratebill has been promoted to Piratebill has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by big john o View Post
I bake them in the oven with lemon and butter.
can't beat the old simple ways or fish tacos

I like Ceviche....other peoples lol I can not seem to make it

bill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2017, 11:37 AM   #12
creolefish
Registered Users-pm+

creolefish has been promoted to Piratecreolefish has been promoted to Piratecreolefish has been promoted to Piratecreolefish has been promoted to Piratecreolefish has been promoted to Piratecreolefish has been promoted to Piratecreolefish has been promoted to Piratecreolefish has been promoted to Piratecreolefish has been promoted to Piratecreolefish has been promoted to Piratecreolefish has been promoted to Pirate
I love this thread. Great recipes for what's biting now. On the smaller smacks, the blood line peels out easily out of the middle of each filet.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
creolefish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2017, 02:51 PM   #13
Zeitgeist
Whose House? Coog's House!!!

Zeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to Pirate
http://2coolfishing.com/ttmbforum/sh....php?t=1612978
Zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2017, 04:26 PM   #14
Red3Fish
Registered Users-pm+

Red3Fish has disabled reputation
I used to broil them whole with slices every inch or so in the thick parts. Real lemon and butter instead of EVO. They make a pretty presentation with the gold spots still showing. That being said, I only kept and cooked the smaller ones....like 14" to 16". Did one batch with the heads still on! Had to take off heads before ex wife would eat them!! LOL

The smaller ones are pretty good, I found the bigger ones were a little too "mackerley" for me. Might be ok if filleted and blood line taken out.

Later
R3F
Red3Fish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2017, 05:08 PM   #15
TX1836
Registered Users-pm+

TX1836 has been promote to GunnerTX1836 has been promote to GunnerTX1836 has been promote to GunnerTX1836 has been promote to GunnerTX1836 has been promote to GunnerTX1836 has been promote to GunnerTX1836 has been promote to GunnerTX1836 has been promote to GunnerTX1836 has been promote to GunnerTX1836 has been promote to GunnerTX1836 has been promote to Gunner
I like mackerel for breakfast. Cut into pieces, browned in butter with chopped garlic. Served with scrambled eggs and hot biscuits!
TX1836 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2017, 05:26 PM   #16
SolarScreenGuy

SolarScreenGuy has been promoted to PirateSolarScreenGuy has been promoted to PirateSolarScreenGuy has been promoted to PirateSolarScreenGuy has been promoted to PirateSolarScreenGuy has been promoted to PirateSolarScreenGuy has been promoted to PirateSolarScreenGuy has been promoted to PirateSolarScreenGuy has been promoted to PirateSolarScreenGuy has been promoted to PirateSolarScreenGuy has been promoted to PirateSolarScreenGuy has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by planohog View Post
SMACK. They are tasty
Smacks tasty yes. Especially if you let the filets soak in ice water for a while to pull out the blood in the meat. Reds, same thing. Makes a world of difference.
www.solarscreenguys.com
www.houstonshutterpro.com
SolarScreenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message