SS surf - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Individual Fishing & Game Reports

Notices

Old 06-11-2017, 10:04 AM   #1
Solodaddio
Registered Users-pm+

Solodaddio has been promoted to PirateSolodaddio has been promoted to PirateSolodaddio has been promoted to PirateSolodaddio has been promoted to PirateSolodaddio has been promoted to PirateSolodaddio has been promoted to PirateSolodaddio has been promoted to PirateSolodaddio has been promoted to PirateSolodaddio has been promoted to PirateSolodaddio has been promoted to PirateSolodaddio has been promoted to Pirate
SS surf

My boys were anxious to fish after a skunk last Monday in the bay. We prerigged their spinning outfits with some small circles, 17pd flouro under midcoast corks. Picked up some jumbo live skrimp (rest of the shrimp looked horrible) and proceeded to one of our honey holes. It was suppose to be semi flat, once I seen the small breakers I immediately had to rerig since it was already 7:00 pm and we had a bucket of high dollar shrimp. Cut off the corks and added some 1 1/2 ounce egg sinkers, barrel swivel to that same 17 line but tied to some bigger circles since shrimp was bigger than I'd anticipated. I had no intention to fish but was prepared to keep them on the first bar with my net handy and their bait in the water. First cast my youngest hooked up to a 20" trout, next shrimp he landed a 19" red, both gave him a great fight! Normally his older brother outfishes him but this time he had the glory!! Bite kinda stopped and my oldest was surprisingly w/o a fish but he kept at it til dark, they're already planning our next trip!
Attached Images

Solodaddio is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2017, 10:13 AM   #2
Solodaddio
Registered Users-pm+

Solodaddio has been promoted to PirateSolodaddio has been promoted to PirateSolodaddio has been promoted to PirateSolodaddio has been promoted to PirateSolodaddio has been promoted to PirateSolodaddio has been promoted to PirateSolodaddio has been promoted to PirateSolodaddio has been promoted to PirateSolodaddio has been promoted to PirateSolodaddio has been promoted to PirateSolodaddio has been promoted to Pirate
Forgot to add, after the red my youngest was spooled by a bull red, shark, who knows! Few minutes later and my oldest hooks up, after a five minute battle he reels up to his eggsinker, his hook had wrapped onto the same line my youngest was just spooled by. I started to hand pull this monster but after a few minutes it broke off. I pulled the weightless line in to see the barrel swivel but broke the 17 pound leader. We will always remember this, "the fish that got away twice".
Solodaddio is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2017, 10:32 AM   #3
hurricane matt
Registered Users-pm+

hurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Pirate
Looked like you had fun! I caught ayrout once and gave rod to 7 year old and noticed he was having major trouble and rod had way more weight then when I handed it to him. 4 ft bull gulped his trout when he was bringing it in. Never know what can happen in the ocean. Glad to see your boys fishing!
hurricane matt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message