Baffin 7/8 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Individual Fishing & Game Reports

Notices

Old 06-08-2017, 05:19 PM   #1
TexasRenegade
"On the Run"

TexasRenegade has been promoted to PirateTexasRenegade has been promoted to PirateTexasRenegade has been promoted to PirateTexasRenegade has been promoted to PirateTexasRenegade has been promoted to PirateTexasRenegade has been promoted to PirateTexasRenegade has been promoted to PirateTexasRenegade has been promoted to PirateTexasRenegade has been promoted to PirateTexasRenegade has been promoted to PirateTexasRenegade has been promoted to Pirate
Texasflag4 Baffin 7/8

Weather was perfect for one last trip to Baffin before I move to La Pryor on Saturday and find myself fishing a lot less often.

Set out from the ramp at 6:00 with the plan to fish some new water on the east side of the ICW. Found myself in 12"-24" of gin clear water over shallow grass and redfish all over the place. I started off testing out a new lure that hasn't been released yet, thus the censored pictures and I've agreed not to disclose whose making it or its design.

From 7:00-10:00 I just drifted around nice and slow sight casting into schools of reds that had 200+ fish in them. I couldn't believe how big the schools were. Definitely want to thank Capt. Marcus Canales for some general information on the area I wanted to check out. The prototype lures were getting hit solid all morning, lost my last one when my 20lb floro leader broke on a hook set (only had 2 to start with and the other was in a 27" reds gut) I'd just power pole down and cast into the passing school for 5 minutes landing several fish each pass ranging from 18" to 28+".

I switched over the MyCoastOutdoors CDL jerk shad in black/chartreuse with red & gold flakes. The bite continued to be hot unti about 11:00, had my red limit plus several oversized and rats by then.

The wind died down for about and hour and everything shut down. I moved over to some 3' deep water and hit the potholes looking to get a few trout for dinner. Managed 4 keepers between 16"-19", and several undersized. I stuck with the CDL's for the rest of the day with several more reds landed.

Couldn't have asked for a nicer day, gonna miss hitting the water every week but I guess eventually you gotta work for a living. Hopefully I'll be able to get out once a month to keep my fishermans tan.
Attached Images

Last edited by TexasRenegade; 06-08-2017 at 05:26 PM.
TexasRenegade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2017, 05:26 PM   #2
TexasRenegade
"On the Run"

TexasRenegade has been promoted to PirateTexasRenegade has been promoted to PirateTexasRenegade has been promoted to PirateTexasRenegade has been promoted to PirateTexasRenegade has been promoted to PirateTexasRenegade has been promoted to PirateTexasRenegade has been promoted to PirateTexasRenegade has been promoted to PirateTexasRenegade has been promoted to PirateTexasRenegade has been promoted to PirateTexasRenegade has been promoted to Pirate
Tried getting a picture of one of the school of reds I was chasing, the wake was several hundred yards long and stacked with reds. Hard to take a pic when you're fighting a 27" red.

Really wish I had a trolling motor this morning.
Attached Images

Old 06-08-2017, 07:05 PM   #3
HoustonKid
All my friends say.....

HoustonKid has been promoted to PirateHoustonKid has been promoted to PirateHoustonKid has been promoted to PirateHoustonKid has been promoted to PirateHoustonKid has been promoted to PirateHoustonKid has been promoted to PirateHoustonKid has been promoted to PirateHoustonKid has been promoted to PirateHoustonKid has been promoted to PirateHoustonKid has been promoted to PirateHoustonKid has been promoted to Pirate
LOL. Secret lure which cannot be disclosed. Funny. Nice catch though.
HoustonKid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2017, 07:46 PM   #4
TexasRenegade
"On the Run"

You'll see the pictures once the lure is announced, just a designer asking for input.
Old 06-08-2017, 08:03 PM   #5
SSST
Registered Users-pm+

SSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to Pirate
Nice catch!! Month ahead on the date though, lol.
SSST is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2017, 08:56 PM   #6
TexasRenegade
"On the Run"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSST View Post
Nice catch!! Month ahead on the date though, lol.
Haha!! To much sun this week. I'll say I planned it on the 7th and went on the 8th.
Old 06-09-2017, 07:57 AM   #7
huntfish2011
Get to the Rocks!

huntfish2011 has been promoted to Piratehuntfish2011 has been promoted to Piratehuntfish2011 has been promoted to Piratehuntfish2011 has been promoted to Piratehuntfish2011 has been promoted to Piratehuntfish2011 has been promoted to Piratehuntfish2011 has been promoted to Piratehuntfish2011 has been promoted to Piratehuntfish2011 has been promoted to Piratehuntfish2011 has been promoted to Piratehuntfish2011 has been promoted to Pirate
Thanks for the report! Nice work!
huntfish2011 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2017, 10:03 AM   #8
Deer30
Registered Users-pm+

Deer30 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Heck yea. I'll be out there tomorrow morning filling my ice chest I hope! I unloaded a shelf at bass pro yesterday. Hope my plan pays off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Deer30 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2017, 06:33 AM   #9
My Coast Outdoors

My Coast Outdoors has been promoted to PirateMy Coast Outdoors has been promoted to PirateMy Coast Outdoors has been promoted to PirateMy Coast Outdoors has been promoted to PirateMy Coast Outdoors has been promoted to PirateMy Coast Outdoors has been promoted to PirateMy Coast Outdoors has been promoted to PirateMy Coast Outdoors has been promoted to PirateMy Coast Outdoors has been promoted to PirateMy Coast Outdoors has been promoted to PirateMy Coast Outdoors has been promoted to Pirate
Thanks for the report! Since you will not be fishing as often you could not have had a better day!
My Coast Outdoors is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2017, 06:35 PM   #10
TexasRenegade
"On the Run"

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Coast Outdoors View Post
Thanks for the report! Since you will not be fishing as often you could not have had a better day!
Thanks Mike, it was a good trip for a last blast. Hopefully I'll be able to get on the water once a month, but we'll see how well that works out.