Cabo in June - Guide Recommendations? - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Notices

Old 05-30-2017, 05:46 PM   #11
gigem87
I will have my glory day in the hot sun!

gigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirate
This thread got me fired up for our trip next month, so I just booked a second day of fishing. We'll be on Ruthless on June 19, and La Brisa on June 21. My crew is ready to rock!!!!
gigem87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2017, 06:10 PM   #12
capt. david
Registered Users-pm+

capt. david has been promoted to Piratecapt. david has been promoted to Piratecapt. david has been promoted to Piratecapt. david has been promoted to Piratecapt. david has been promoted to Piratecapt. david has been promoted to Piratecapt. david has been promoted to Piratecapt. david has been promoted to Piratecapt. david has been promoted to Piratecapt. david has been promoted to Piratecapt. david has been promoted to Pirate
Pisces!!
capt. david is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2017, 08:03 PM   #13
bmc4041
Registered Users-pm+

bmc4041 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerbmc4041 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerbmc4041 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerbmc4041 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerbmc4041 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerbmc4041 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerbmc4041 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerbmc4041 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerbmc4041 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerbmc4041 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerbmc4041 has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
If just a billfish trip and not going for the nightlife, restaurants, etc. I would recommend Sailfish Oasis in Guatemala. First class outfit, super nice lodge, great food, and crazy numbers of fish. Only my second billfish trip but shouldn't image it being any better. Went over New Years and and released over 60 Sailfish in two days along with some dorado and tuna. Best thing is with those numbers you can pitch the bait and catch them vs handed a rod with a fish on it. You screw it up, just wait 5 minutes. Numerous triple hook ups and even on quadruple. Have a decent chance at a Blue Marlin too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
bmc4041 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2017, 10:39 AM   #14
sgebhard
Registered Users-pm+

sgebhard is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Went with the majority and booked with Pisces. Fishing on the Tiburon June 13!!
sgebhard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2017, 04:38 PM   #15
johnny astro
Wishin I was Fishin

johnny astro has been promoted to Piratejohnny astro has been promoted to Piratejohnny astro has been promoted to Piratejohnny astro has been promoted to Piratejohnny astro has been promoted to Piratejohnny astro has been promoted to Piratejohnny astro has been promoted to Piratejohnny astro has been promoted to Piratejohnny astro has been promoted to Piratejohnny astro has been promoted to Piratejohnny astro has been promoted to Pirate
Mike

Fished with Renegade Mike same time last year per recommendations on 2cool. Had an awesome time! Son caught his first Marlin

http://www.renegademikesportfishing.com

johnny astro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2017, 08:52 PM   #16
Riley & Sons
Registered Users-pm+

Riley & Sons has been promoted to PirateRiley & Sons has been promoted to PirateRiley & Sons has been promoted to PirateRiley & Sons has been promoted to PirateRiley & Sons has been promoted to PirateRiley & Sons has been promoted to PirateRiley & Sons has been promoted to PirateRiley & Sons has been promoted to PirateRiley & Sons has been promoted to PirateRiley & Sons has been promoted to PirateRiley & Sons has been promoted to Pirate
I'm booked with Renegade Mike on July 10. Can't wait
Riley & Sons is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2017, 10:13 AM   #17
TexasHarley
Registered Users-pm+

TexasHarley has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTexasHarley has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTexasHarley has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTexasHarley has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTexasHarley has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTexasHarley has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTexasHarley has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTexasHarley has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTexasHarley has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTexasHarley has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTexasHarley has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
I love Renegade Mike! He's awesome. Another option... Watch the fishing reports, particularly out of San Jose Del Cabo. If the Gordo Banks are going off, book yourself a trip out of Gordo Banks Pangas. They are literally 15 minutes from the banks, whereas the Cabo boats are an hour away.
TexasHarley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2017, 08:06 PM   #18
BluewaterBandido
Registered Users-pm+

BluewaterBandido has been promoted to PirateBluewaterBandido has been promoted to PirateBluewaterBandido has been promoted to PirateBluewaterBandido has been promoted to PirateBluewaterBandido has been promoted to PirateBluewaterBandido has been promoted to PirateBluewaterBandido has been promoted to PirateBluewaterBandido has been promoted to PirateBluewaterBandido has been promoted to PirateBluewaterBandido has been promoted to PirateBluewaterBandido has been promoted to Pirate
All depends on what your looking for in a charter... you have some good suggestions. Those smaller Pisces boats go out every day.

Bite has been very hit and miss this year from what the boys have said. We just returned from our annual (sometimes more than annual) trip May 20-27.

First day fished with Capt Clay Hensley and crew on a semi private boat out of Puerto Los Cabos "Chupacabra". They run a top notch charter operation on an immaculate 64' Hatteras if any of you need to entertain larger groups. Ran up towards Los Barriles and raised 10 stripes on the bridge teasers through the day. Released 3 up to 175 ish.

Day 2 we fished with a charter but also a captain friend on a 35' Cabo out of Cabo San Lucas "Knot Workin". Saw eleven stripes tailing throughout the day, would not touch anything dead , alive , lure, etc. Sort of bitter sweet to say the least. Also lost a wahoo to add salt to the wound. Fished from 2-5 miles out of lighthouse where the fish had been holding. We didn't make the run to the 1150 being it seems to not be holding the fish like it normally does this time of year. Day before Capt Tito had 10 football tunas and a wahoo, and only saw 1 Marlin. So like I said seems to be streaky.

Day 3 went with a panga guide Capt Jaime, "Jessica Sportfishing" who also captains a private sportfisher looking for roosters. He had caught a 45 -50 lb range the day before. No roosters but ended up pitching a live bait to a tailing Marlin in 45' of water right out front of Pedregal. Fought it for nearly an hour on light tackle and 60 lb leader. Fish put on an amazing show. Came up tail wrapped and wasn't going to make it so he would end up being ceviche. 170 ish stripe.

I wish I was back in Cabo, hope you boys tear em up. Not a lot of places you can pitch a live bait to a tailing Marlin in 45' of water and see 21 Marlin in 2 days!
BluewaterBandido is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2017, 08:17 PM   #19
gigem87
I will have my glory day in the hot sun!

gigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluewaterBandido View Post
Saw eleven stripes tailing throughout the day, would not touch anything dead , alive , lure, etc. Sort of bitter sweet to say the least.
I remember having a day like than on one of the Picante boats several years ago. I think I lost count at 20ish marlin tails seen, no bites. Same area, a few miles outside the lighthouse.
gigem87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2017, 09:35 PM   #20
Lexy1
Registered Users-pm+

Lexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to Pirate
I used both Pisces and JC sportsfishing. They are both good.
Make sure you booked at least a 31 footer. Cabos has rough sea (Pacific).
Lexy1 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message