Awesome day in the grass flats - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Individual Fishing & Game Reports

Notices

Old 05-27-2017, 07:47 AM   #1
troutsupport

troutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Pirate
Awesome day in the grass flats

Had another great trip with Capt Ernest Cisneros and Capt Wayne Davis fishing the Laguna Madre between Port Mansfield and the Arroyo area. Joined by Jesica Tyler and Lou Ann Bates we caught over 50 trout working potholes and scattered grass with some bait in each area, slicks popping as well. The majority of trout came on KWigglers new Willow Tail in Mansfield Margarita or Red Shad Pro along with a couple token topwater fish and 2 reds later after we pulled off the trout. One of the teaching points shared by Ernest and Wayne was to move your party to the line where the fish are being caught; meaning if you have several guys wading and one guy keeps hammering fish at his depth move the others close to his depth. Fun times with a great group and shot tons of instructional footage for you guys fishing the grass flats.

Jim D, Ernest went all out for you buddy ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
troutsupport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2017, 02:00 PM   #2
trophytroutman
Mirrolure Pro Staff

trophytroutman has been promoted to Piratetrophytroutman has been promoted to Piratetrophytroutman has been promoted to Piratetrophytroutman has been promoted to Piratetrophytroutman has been promoted to Piratetrophytroutman has been promoted to Piratetrophytroutman has been promoted to Piratetrophytroutman has been promoted to Piratetrophytroutman has been promoted to Piratetrophytroutman has been promoted to Piratetrophytroutman has been promoted to Pirate
Nice Tobin. Great report.
trophytroutman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2017, 03:22 PM   #3
Deer30
Registered Users-pm+

Deer30 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
There is a report attached to the photo? Hmm never saw it!

Deer30 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2017, 05:01 PM   #4
That Robbie Guy
Swangin' and Bangin'

That Robbie Guy has disabled reputation
Right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deer30 View Post
There is a report attached to the photo? Hmm never saw it!

I must say... that is one fiiine... boat! hahhaha.
That Robbie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2017, 09:22 AM   #5
troutsupport

troutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Pirate
LOL... There's more than a few things we could learn from ole' Ernest. Dude is the "Padre Pimp'. In all seriousness, anyone looking to learn the lower laguna or any grass flat area would be wise to book a trip with one of these guys.. they're both great on the water teachers. I was super impressed with the Willow tail too. Kwiggler tough and has a lot of action to.
troutsupport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2017, 11:45 AM   #6
blackmagic

blackmagic has been promoted to Pirateblackmagic has been promoted to Pirateblackmagic has been promoted to Pirateblackmagic has been promoted to Pirateblackmagic has been promoted to Pirateblackmagic has been promoted to Pirateblackmagic has been promoted to Pirateblackmagic has been promoted to Pirateblackmagic has been promoted to Pirateblackmagic has been promoted to Pirateblackmagic has been promoted to Pirate
Nice report Tobin, how you been bro? Need to message you.
blackmagic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2017, 11:56 AM   #7
CorkyFanB
Registered Users-pm+

CorkyFanB has been promote to GunnerCorkyFanB has been promote to GunnerCorkyFanB has been promote to GunnerCorkyFanB has been promote to GunnerCorkyFanB has been promote to GunnerCorkyFanB has been promote to GunnerCorkyFanB has been promote to GunnerCorkyFanB has been promote to GunnerCorkyFanB has been promote to GunnerCorkyFanB has been promote to GunnerCorkyFanB has been promote to Gunner
Nicely done brother...

Dang Tobin, you ain't messin around these last few months, literally livin n fishin the dream. I like it bro, works slowin back down so we'll go get on em soon... Wayne n Earnest are deff 2 dudes I'd like to fish with, Trish n Mike are right there on that list too... Looking forward to the new footage bud...
CorkyFanB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2017, 11:57 AM   #8
Hillcountryhunter
Registered Users-pm+

Hillcountryhunter is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Tobin, you da bomb! I just got your email and I am blown away with the amount of time and detail you took to help me out. Thanks so much!!

Guys, I reached out to Tobin with a question on the upper laguna and not only did he reply but he sent me an very extensive email that included pictures with drawings. As good as the Trout support DVD's are the customer service after watching them is second to none!!!!!
Hillcountryhunter is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2017, 12:57 PM   #9
c hook
Registered Users-pm+

c hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Pirate
tarpon right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillcountryhunter View Post
Tobin, you da bomb! I just got your email and I am blown away with the amount of time and detail you took to help me out. Thanks so much!!

Guys, I reached out to Tobin with a question on the upper laguna and not only did he reply but he sent me an very extensive email that included pictures with drawings. As good as the Trout support DVD's are the customer service after watching them is second to none!!!!!
He is dedicated to his customers, I've never watched the DVD's, but Tobin and I have fished together a couple times. Never heard anything bad but allot of good. That tells the story.
c hook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2017, 01:06 PM   #10
JimD
JimD

JimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to Pirate
Tobin just rub it in. I am just working as always.

I can take you out to the Farm below Marble Falls but instead of taking you fishing I need to rebuild some fence so I could take you fence building instead. I hear that pulling barbed wire and working cows is great exercise in the July sun.

Course you could bring your boat out and see what is biting up below the Marble Falls Dam. Not sure if the fish are schooling up there late in the afternoon or not. I ran up on my seadoo and caught a few white bass the other day but they were not schooling that afternoon thought they were biting pretty good.

I think Ernest is one of the best for that area. He is a Very smart man and has some great articles over the Texas Saltwater Mag esp in the archives.

Not talked with McTrout since last year. Did you happen to see him down there? Hear since he retired that he is not down there nearly as much as he used to be.
Sad to see two legends lost from the Port Mansfield area. Mike (McTrout) McBride and El Jeffe's restaurant with it washer game and all the characters late in the day.
JimD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message