SS Jettys Fishing Report - Page 3 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Individual Fishing & Game Reports

Notices

Old 05-18-2017, 07:15 PM   #21
tennisplayer2
Registered Users-pm+

tennisplayer2 has been promoted to Piratetennisplayer2 has been promoted to Piratetennisplayer2 has been promoted to Piratetennisplayer2 has been promoted to Piratetennisplayer2 has been promoted to Piratetennisplayer2 has been promoted to Piratetennisplayer2 has been promoted to Piratetennisplayer2 has been promoted to Piratetennisplayer2 has been promoted to Piratetennisplayer2 has been promoted to Piratetennisplayer2 has been promoted to Pirate
Very nice, I always have trouble fishing the jettys. If I get too close to the water, I slip and fall. How do y'all get the fish over the rocks? Thanks.
tennisplayer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2017, 08:46 PM   #22
LaddH
Registered Users-pm+

LaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisplayer2 View Post
Very nice, I always have trouble fishing the jettys. If I get too close to the water, I slip and fall. How do y'all get the fish over the rocks? Thanks.
A long handled landing net, length depends on the jetty, or you can just give them the old "heave ho" and hope for the best but you will lose a bunch like that
That net in the photo is a little on the short side but walking a jetty that length handle is a trade off of length for convenience.
I really need to buy or build one with a telescoping handle.
Attached Images

Last edited by LaddH; 05-18-2017 at 08:54 PM.
LaddH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2017, 03:39 PM   #23
deckid
Registered Users-pm+

deckid has been promoted to Piratedeckid has been promoted to Piratedeckid has been promoted to Piratedeckid has been promoted to Piratedeckid has been promoted to Piratedeckid has been promoted to Piratedeckid has been promoted to Piratedeckid has been promoted to Piratedeckid has been promoted to Piratedeckid has been promoted to Piratedeckid has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaddH View Post
Yep. Looks like you have got it figured out! Congrats.
Thanks, LaddH, I hope we do.
deckid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2017, 04:50 PM   #24
glojim
Registered Users-pm+

glojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by deckid View Post
The wife and I were back at it again last evening, being that i'm on vacation were thought we would try to figure that trout thing out. I think we might be on to something.
27" 6 lbs, nice fish.
are u using a popping cork w/ ur live shrimp? if so, how long is your leader?
glojim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2017, 08:15 AM   #25
hurricane matt
Registered Users-pm+

hurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Pirate
I've seen people hurt bad on the jetties. Dangerous for sure. I wear those keen closed toe sandles and am the guy standing knee deep in water on the rocks. I keep it simple and no net. Two rods, one rigged with wire trace and fat gold spoon for when the smacks come in close and other is trout rod. Pocket of jigs and an extra spoon leader and all I need. It was a lot more squirrlybefore hey paved the top and was better since you had to parkour your whole way. Step on wet grassy granite and you are asking for a bad slip. You can tell after a while if your next step is going to be slippery or not. Be careful and my largest jetty trout have always been taken on large mirrolures, fwiw.
hurricane matt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2017, 09:47 AM   #26
deckid
Registered Users-pm+

deckid has been promoted to Piratedeckid has been promoted to Piratedeckid has been promoted to Piratedeckid has been promoted to Piratedeckid has been promoted to Piratedeckid has been promoted to Piratedeckid has been promoted to Piratedeckid has been promoted to Piratedeckid has been promoted to Piratedeckid has been promoted to Piratedeckid has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by glojim View Post
are u using a popping cork w/ ur live shrimp? if so, how long is your leader?
No, I'm using jigs, different colors depending on what they will take.
Old 05-20-2017, 10:51 AM   #27
bballman
Registered Users-pm+

bballman is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)bballman is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)bballman is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)bballman is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)bballman is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)bballman is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)bballman is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)bballman is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)bballman is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)bballman is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)bballman is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Have you seen any pompano being caught on the jetties?
bballman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2017, 11:22 AM   #28
deckid
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballman View Post
No I haven't Bballman.
Old 05-20-2017, 03:34 PM   #29
Heavy G
Registered Users-pm+

Heavy G has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Heavy G has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Heavy G has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Heavy G has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Heavy G has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Heavy G has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Heavy G has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Heavy G has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Heavy G has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Heavy G has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Heavy G has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballman View Post
You might catch a couple of pompano on shrimp along with the trout but the big pompano bite here is in December.

Heavy G is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message