Cleaning Table PVC? - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > DIY (Do it yourself) forum

Notices

Old 06-18-2017, 08:53 AM   #1
RAMROD1
Registered Users-pm+

RAMROD1 has been promoted to PirateRAMROD1 has been promoted to PirateRAMROD1 has been promoted to PirateRAMROD1 has been promoted to PirateRAMROD1 has been promoted to PirateRAMROD1 has been promoted to PirateRAMROD1 has been promoted to PirateRAMROD1 has been promoted to PirateRAMROD1 has been promoted to PirateRAMROD1 has been promoted to PirateRAMROD1 has been promoted to Pirate
Cleaning Table PVC?

After many years of use old faithful was scrapped! Thinking of building my next one out of PVC board, like this stuff- http://www.lowes.com/pd/PVC-Board-A...-8-ft/50092304
Has anyone done or used this stuff for something similar? The cutting surface will be the same as my old one which is 3 of those large cutting boards from Sam's.

Looking for pros & cons

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
RAMROD1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2017, 10:11 AM   #2
acoastalbender
Registered Users-pm+

acoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirate
PVC is really soft and would be easy on your filet knives but will be harder to clean afterwards once a number of cuts and deeper scratches appear ... I'd just use starboard ... jm.02

(PVC is a very temperature sensitive plastic and if kept shaded on hot days might do better than in full sun)

Last edited by acoastalbender; 06-18-2017 at 10:14 AM. Reason: info
acoastalbender is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2017, 10:30 AM   #3
Tortuga
El Viejo

Tortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to Pirate
Might check with "Trodery" here on 2cool.. He turned out some nice ones a few years back...
Attached Images

Tortuga is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2017, 11:29 AM   #4
Profish00
Gone Fishing

Profish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to Pirate
Cleaning Table PVC?

Www.fishcleaningtable.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Profish00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2017, 11:37 AM   #5
dwilliams35
Aspiring professional pot-stirrer.

dwilliams35 has been promoted to Piratedwilliams35 has been promoted to Piratedwilliams35 has been promoted to Piratedwilliams35 has been promoted to Piratedwilliams35 has been promoted to Piratedwilliams35 has been promoted to Piratedwilliams35 has been promoted to Piratedwilliams35 has been promoted to Piratedwilliams35 has been promoted to Piratedwilliams35 has been promoted to Piratedwilliams35 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by acoastalbender View Post
PVC is really soft and would be easy on your filet knives but will be harder to clean afterwards once a number of cuts and deeper scratches appear ... I'd just use starboard ... jm.02

(PVC is a very temperature sensitive plastic and if kept shaded on hot days might do better than in full sun)
I'm pretty sure he's wanting to just use this for structure, and use what he's got for the cutting surface; probably HDPE if it came from Sams as he says.

As far using it for the structure, I don't see any reason why you can't use it, but I think I'd just get a bunch of stainless bolts for fasteners; it's not going to hold screws all that well. I know the pvc tubing and angle will warp, but I wouldn't think that solid "lumber" wouldn't have any significant problem for the spans you're talking about.
dwilliams35 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2017, 08:04 AM   #6
acoastalbender
Registered Users-pm+

acoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMROD1 View Post
After many years of use old faithful was scrapped! Thinking of building my next one out of PVC board, like this stuff- http://www.lowes.com/pd/PVC-Board-Ac...-8-ft/50092304
Has anyone done or used this stuff for something similar? The cutting surface will be the same as my old one which is 3 of those large cutting boards from Sam's.

Looking for pros & cons

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwilliams35 View Post
I'm pretty sure he's wanting to just use this for structure, and use what he's got for the cutting surface; probably HDPE if it came from Sams as he says.

... not how it's worded ...
acoastalbender is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2017, 05:09 PM   #7
dwilliams35
Aspiring professional pot-stirrer.

dwilliams35 has been promoted to Piratedwilliams35 has been promoted to Piratedwilliams35 has been promoted to Piratedwilliams35 has been promoted to Piratedwilliams35 has been promoted to Piratedwilliams35 has been promoted to Piratedwilliams35 has been promoted to Piratedwilliams35 has been promoted to Piratedwilliams35 has been promoted to Piratedwilliams35 has been promoted to Piratedwilliams35 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by acoastalbender View Post
... not how it's worded ...
whatever. I guess you're seeing something in there I'm not. I take it as pulling the HDPE boards from Sams off what's left of the old one, and building a new steructure underneath it. Cutting fish on 1x4's would be interesting.
dwilliams35 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2017, 06:15 AM   #8
trodery
OllllO

trodery has been promoted to Piratetrodery has been promoted to Piratetrodery has been promoted to Piratetrodery has been promoted to Piratetrodery has been promoted to Piratetrodery has been promoted to Piratetrodery has been promoted to Piratetrodery has been promoted to Piratetrodery has been promoted to Piratetrodery has been promoted to Piratetrodery has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortuga View Post
Might check with "Trodery" here on 2cool.. He turned out some nice ones a few years back...
After almost 10 years that picture still survives... I bet the tables I built still survive as well
trodery is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2017, 09:05 AM   #9
Tortuga
El Viejo

Tortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by trodery View Post
After almost 10 years that picture still survives... I bet the tables I built still survive as well

Well..you gotta admit....over the years you have posted up some pix worth saving...

I.E.........
Attached Images

Tortuga is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2017, 10:07 AM   #10
BATWING
Registered Users-pm+

BATWING has been promoted to PirateBATWING has been promoted to PirateBATWING has been promoted to PirateBATWING has been promoted to PirateBATWING has been promoted to PirateBATWING has been promoted to PirateBATWING has been promoted to PirateBATWING has been promoted to PirateBATWING has been promoted to PirateBATWING has been promoted to PirateBATWING has been promoted to Pirate
WTH!
BATWING is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message