Reverse Flow Smoker - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > BBQ & Grilling Forum

Notices

Old 06-09-2017, 07:37 AM   #1
daddyeaux
Cajun 2 da Bone

daddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Pirate
Dance Reverse Flow Smoker

I have not heard of a reverse flow smoker. It sounds interesting. Does anyone have pics of the internal workings of one they can post?
daddyeaux is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2017, 07:53 AM   #2
Profish00
Gone Fishing

Profish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to Pirate
http://www.holzofenshop.com/en/grill...low-62-mm.html
Profish00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2017, 08:08 AM   #3
daddyeaux
Cajun 2 da Bone

daddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Pirate
Thanks Profish, that is an interesting concept. I've built just about every style of smoker out there but never heard of this.

Old 06-09-2017, 08:33 AM   #4
RB II
Native Texan

RB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to Pirate
I use one for competitions. Built from a 250 gallon propane tank. A couple of advantages that we experience.

1. We can adjust tuning plates beneath the meat grates to provide the most even heat for what we are cooking at that time. Pretty much set now but could be adjusted.
2. Heat is more even at the ends. The plates allow for cooking directly st the fire box entrance hole with out burning everything.
3. The plates give a perfect place to put water pans to help keep the meat moist.
RB II is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2017, 08:49 AM   #5
daddyeaux
Cajun 2 da Bone

Thanks RB.........some good info there.
Wish I had seen this before I rebuilt my firebox.
Old 06-09-2017, 01:17 PM   #6
trout250
Registered Users-pm+

trout250 has been promoted to Piratetrout250 has been promoted to Piratetrout250 has been promoted to Piratetrout250 has been promoted to Piratetrout250 has been promoted to Piratetrout250 has been promoted to Piratetrout250 has been promoted to Piratetrout250 has been promoted to Piratetrout250 has been promoted to Piratetrout250 has been promoted to Piratetrout250 has been promoted to Pirate
If you have access to a welder you can add the tuning plates and another stack to make a pit into reverse flow and make it cook either way.
trout250 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2017, 01:21 PM   #7
daddyeaux
Cajun 2 da Bone

I do have access to a welder. I sold mine to my neighbor.
By tuning plates I assume these are the plates in the bottom of the smoker side to direct the heat to the far end from the firebox?
Old 06-18-2017, 10:58 PM   #8
Deany45
Registered Users-pm+

Deany45 has been promoted to PirateDeany45 has been promoted to PirateDeany45 has been promoted to PirateDeany45 has been promoted to PirateDeany45 has been promoted to PirateDeany45 has been promoted to PirateDeany45 has been promoted to PirateDeany45 has been promoted to PirateDeany45 has been promoted to PirateDeany45 has been promoted to PirateDeany45 has been promoted to Pirate
I don't have any good pics but I have a small one in my back yard and a big one on our competition trailer. Once that plate heats up, it's very easy to maintain temp. I think it's the only way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Deany45 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2017, 11:01 PM   #9
Deany45
Registered Users-pm+

Deany45 has been promoted to PirateDeany45 has been promoted to PirateDeany45 has been promoted to PirateDeany45 has been promoted to PirateDeany45 has been promoted to PirateDeany45 has been promoted to PirateDeany45 has been promoted to PirateDeany45 has been promoted to PirateDeany45 has been promoted to PirateDeany45 has been promoted to PirateDeany45 has been promoted to Pirate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Deany45 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2017, 02:20 PM   #10
FishBone
Registered Users-pm+

FishBone has been promoted to PirateFishBone has been promoted to PirateFishBone has been promoted to PirateFishBone has been promoted to PirateFishBone has been promoted to PirateFishBone has been promoted to PirateFishBone has been promoted to PirateFishBone has been promoted to PirateFishBone has been promoted to PirateFishBone has been promoted to PirateFishBone has been promoted to Pirate
This
Attached Images

FishBone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message