Where to Buy Salt Flies Online - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Flyfishing Forum

Notices

Old 05-04-2017, 05:51 PM   #11
tx8er
Registered Users-pm+

tx8er has been promoted to Piratetx8er has been promoted to Piratetx8er has been promoted to Piratetx8er has been promoted to Piratetx8er has been promoted to Piratetx8er has been promoted to Piratetx8er has been promoted to Piratetx8er has been promoted to Piratetx8er has been promoted to Piratetx8er has been promoted to Piratetx8er has been promoted to Pirate
Here are a few I got from Miller's today. All size 4s. I'm a total newbie but they seem to be very similar to the ones I got at a local retailer. Averaged about $ 2. Very fast delivery with free shipping for orders over $ 29.
Attached Images

tx8er is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2017, 10:42 PM   #12
Permit Rat
Windknot Light Tackle & Fly

Permit Rat has been promoted to PiratePermit Rat has been promoted to PiratePermit Rat has been promoted to PiratePermit Rat has been promoted to PiratePermit Rat has been promoted to PiratePermit Rat has been promoted to PiratePermit Rat has been promoted to PiratePermit Rat has been promoted to PiratePermit Rat has been promoted to PiratePermit Rat has been promoted to PiratePermit Rat has been promoted to Pirate
Experiment first, but you might find yourself trimming the rubber legs on that top one. Sometimes those little Mexican/Belize bonefish will bite short. As said, I use the natural bunny gotcha, almost exclusively and I trim off half the rabbit fur, so that the wing ends as close to the hook bend as possible. I also trim the rubber legs that come on some of them.

That small short fly, right-center in the photo (above that cockroach-looking fly)might also work on sheepshead on the flats. I already have some of those in a different color and can't wait to try one on them.

Thanks for the link, Meadowlark!! Yeah, I have nothing bad to say about those folks....very good service and a good product for salt water. However, if I were looking for fresh water trout flies, I would probably go with one poster's reply and stick with Orvis. They have tiers that all they do is tie those tiny mayflies and midges all day long and I feel they do a better job on 16-22 flies.

Good luck!!!

Last edited by Permit Rat; 05-04-2017 at 10:50 PM.
Permit Rat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2017, 08:16 PM   #13
turkn9ne
Registered Users-pm+

turkn9ne has been promoted to the rank of Privateerturkn9ne has been promoted to the rank of Privateerturkn9ne has been promoted to the rank of Privateerturkn9ne has been promoted to the rank of Privateerturkn9ne has been promoted to the rank of Privateerturkn9ne has been promoted to the rank of Privateerturkn9ne has been promoted to the rank of Privateerturkn9ne has been promoted to the rank of Privateerturkn9ne has been promoted to the rank of Privateerturkn9ne has been promoted to the rank of Privateerturkn9ne has been promoted to the rank of Privateer

If anyone is interested in these I can mass produce them pretty fast. Different colors whatever

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk
turkn9ne is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2017, 11:16 PM   #14
Haynie21T
Registered Users-pm+

Haynie21T is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Check out S.S flies online. Great flies for all occasions. I have used them for years. Their missing link fly in tan has caught a many a Bonefish in the Bahamas and also works on redfish.
Haynie21T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2017, 09:01 AM   #15
MarkA70
Class of 70, Last of the Ole Army

MarkA70 has been promoted to PirateMarkA70 has been promoted to PirateMarkA70 has been promoted to PirateMarkA70 has been promoted to PirateMarkA70 has been promoted to PirateMarkA70 has been promoted to PirateMarkA70 has been promoted to PirateMarkA70 has been promoted to PirateMarkA70 has been promoted to PirateMarkA70 has been promoted to PirateMarkA70 has been promoted to Pirate
Bone fish -- Christmas Island, caught 1 million Bonefish in Belize on these! Millers salt water crab is EASY to tie with EP Brush in the tan/blue combo, and you can tie many different crab colors easily with the EP Brushes that look as good or better than Millers!
MarkA70 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2017, 08:14 PM   #16
rtoler
Registered Users-pm+

rtoler has been promoted to Piratertoler has been promoted to Piratertoler has been promoted to Piratertoler has been promoted to Piratertoler has been promoted to Piratertoler has been promoted to Piratertoler has been promoted to Piratertoler has been promoted to Piratertoler has been promoted to Piratertoler has been promoted to Piratertoler has been promoted to Pirate
Flies

Man cannot have enough flies. Women have shoes and men have lures
rtoler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2017, 12:04 PM   #17
bigdaddyd
Registered Users-pm+

bigdaddyd is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I buy Tarpon / Permit flies from SS Flies. Hi quality custom flies. Very well tied in the USA-- Maine.

www.ssflies.com/
bigdaddyd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2017, 10:47 AM   #18
eastmaty
Registered Users-pm+

eastmaty is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
http://www.sightcastfishing.com/

Great Texas made flies tied for the Gulf Coast area.
eastmaty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2017, 05:47 AM   #19
caddis
Registered Users-pm+

caddis has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMastercaddis has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMastercaddis has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMastercaddis has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMastercaddis has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMastercaddis has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMastercaddis has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMastercaddis has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMastercaddis has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMastercaddis has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMastercaddis has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMaster
Thanks, that last one I didn't know of and it's great.
caddis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message