Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Notices

Old 06-18-2017, 05:34 PM   #1
Gclyde22
Registered Users-pm+

Gclyde22 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Slp flats

The boss lady will be out of town this weekend on a girls trip and I'm looking to do a little fishing. I see where some decent stringers have come off these flats and I am familiar with the Galveston area but not so much the far west end. Where exactly are people parking to wade these flats?
Gclyde22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2017, 06:08 PM   #2
mertz09
Registered Users-pm+

mertz09 has been promoted to Piratemertz09 has been promoted to Piratemertz09 has been promoted to Piratemertz09 has been promoted to Piratemertz09 has been promoted to Piratemertz09 has been promoted to Piratemertz09 has been promoted to Piratemertz09 has been promoted to Piratemertz09 has been promoted to Piratemertz09 has been promoted to Piratemertz09 has been promoted to Pirate
Behind the toll both.
mertz09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2017, 06:54 PM   #3
HoustonKid
All my friends say.....

HoustonKid has been promoted to PirateHoustonKid has been promoted to PirateHoustonKid has been promoted to PirateHoustonKid has been promoted to PirateHoustonKid has been promoted to PirateHoustonKid has been promoted to PirateHoustonKid has been promoted to PirateHoustonKid has been promoted to PirateHoustonKid has been promoted to PirateHoustonKid has been promoted to PirateHoustonKid has been promoted to Pirate
The Galveston side of the flats anywhere from the State Park to the pass. Just have to find somewhere you can park on the bay side near the water and wade. I would add that the actual SLP flats would be any area with in or so of the pass though. And I guess on the Surfside side, but I have never fished the SS side. Not sure what the official area is, just my thought and the area I refer to when having posted about fishing the SLP flats.

Last edited by HoustonKid; 06-18-2017 at 07:08 PM.
HoustonKid is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2017, 07:03 PM   #4
1528mac
Sharing is Careing

1528mac has been promoted to Pirate1528mac has been promoted to Pirate1528mac has been promoted to Pirate1528mac has been promoted to Pirate1528mac has been promoted to Pirate1528mac has been promoted to Pirate1528mac has been promoted to Pirate1528mac has been promoted to Pirate1528mac has been promoted to Pirate1528mac has been promoted to Pirate1528mac has been promoted to Pirate
I've done pretty good near see wolf park off the nw side of the pier and beyond, but I've heard that's a no no now. Don't know.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk
1528mac is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2017, 10:18 AM   #5
troutsupport

troutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Pirate
Check out Google earth on the east side of the toll bridge. SHould be able to see vehicles and trails to drive on.. If the tide is way up, you might walk a lot farther. Also beware of steep drop offs wading that area anywhere there are guts that flow water. Some have shear drop offs from knee deep to 6' at over 45 degree angles.. hard to get footing going back up and have been the last wading step for others in swift currents. Get an inflatable lifevest and where it at all times or a regular on. Outside of that a lot of fish are caught from those edges that have a little bait hanging around.. super spook in bone or blue silver and mirrodines tend to get the 'nod' and do pretty well.
troutsupport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2017, 11:03 AM   #6
Trouthunter
An Over 50 Victim Of Fate

Trouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to Pirate
What Tobin said but also wear an inflatable PFD if you're going to wade near the pass.

TH