First rod over $200.. - Page 7 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Notices

Old 06-16-2017, 05:54 PM   #61
Flounder Face
southern paralichthys lethostigma

Flounder Face has been promoted to PirateFlounder Face has been promoted to PirateFlounder Face has been promoted to PirateFlounder Face has been promoted to PirateFlounder Face has been promoted to PirateFlounder Face has been promoted to PirateFlounder Face has been promoted to PirateFlounder Face has been promoted to PirateFlounder Face has been promoted to PirateFlounder Face has been promoted to PirateFlounder Face has been promoted to Pirate
Save your money. Take up checkers. Cheaper hobby, and you never get skunked. Personally my Laguna Custom is the best rod I ever had, but I never had a Sarge so I cannot compare. King me!

The Laguna Custom Red rod might be your answer.
Flounder Face is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2017, 07:00 PM   #62
Fishin' Texas Aggie 05
Registered Users-pm+

Fishin' Texas Aggie 05 has been promoted to PirateFishin' Texas Aggie 05 has been promoted to PirateFishin' Texas Aggie 05 has been promoted to PirateFishin' Texas Aggie 05 has been promoted to PirateFishin' Texas Aggie 05 has been promoted to PirateFishin' Texas Aggie 05 has been promoted to PirateFishin' Texas Aggie 05 has been promoted to PirateFishin' Texas Aggie 05 has been promoted to PirateFishin' Texas Aggie 05 has been promoted to PirateFishin' Texas Aggie 05 has been promoted to PirateFishin' Texas Aggie 05 has been promoted to Pirate
Honest question how much more utility do you get out of a $200 (or $200-$400) rod.
Fishin' Texas Aggie 05 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2017, 07:22 PM   #63
Smackdaddy53
Registered Users-pm+

Smackdaddy53 has been promoted to PirateSmackdaddy53 has been promoted to PirateSmackdaddy53 has been promoted to PirateSmackdaddy53 has been promoted to PirateSmackdaddy53 has been promoted to PirateSmackdaddy53 has been promoted to PirateSmackdaddy53 has been promoted to PirateSmackdaddy53 has been promoted to PirateSmackdaddy53 has been promoted to PirateSmackdaddy53 has been promoted to PirateSmackdaddy53 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishin' Texas Aggie 05 View Post
Honest question how much more utility do you get out of a $200 (or $200-$400) rod.
How serious are you about fishing? Buy what you can afford and enjoy it. Just like a carpenter wants the best tools for the job a lot of them are expensive but work very well and there are the older tools you can buy cheap and are built heavy but they last forever.
I get excellent utility out of my custom rods both bought from Laguna and ones I built myself.
Smackdaddy53 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2017, 09:04 PM   #64
irbjd
Registered Users-pm+

irbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk2429 View Post
Yeah the Ultra Mag was a bit heavy.. I'm looking specifically for a plastic rod however. I already have the rods for topwaters/corkys
All comes down to preference. To me, the Ultra Mag is a great rod for plastics. It's the primary rod I use. I have several friends that love the HP Lite for Corkies; not me. And you can't tell how well a particular rod fishes by picking it up and shaking it. Need to actually use it.
irbjd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2017, 10:27 PM   #65
artys only
Registered Users-pm+

artys only has been promoted to Pirateartys only has been promoted to Pirateartys only has been promoted to Pirateartys only has been promoted to Pirateartys only has been promoted to Pirateartys only has been promoted to Pirateartys only has been promoted to Pirateartys only has been promoted to Pirateartys only has been promoted to Pirateartys only has been promoted to Pirateartys only has been promoted to Pirate
Laguna and sarge rods are the lightest blanks , both built in Texas , Laguna several actions I like the Texas wader 2 lite and wader 1 light , take your reel and stop by the Laguna shop in Katy and put your reel on the rods and cast them , that will help you decide . I have every Laguna custom they make and they all have there place . Great rods IMOP , good luck with your choice .
artys only is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2017, 10:46 PM   #66
dk2429
Pro life, pro gun, Trump 2016

dk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by artys only View Post
Laguna and sarge rods are the lightest blanks , both built in Texas , Laguna several actions I like the Texas wader 2 lite and wader 1 light , take your reel and stop by the Laguna shop in Katy and put your reel on the rods and cast them , that will help you decide . I have every Laguna custom they make and they all have there place . Great rods IMOP , good luck with your choice .
I was going to go out there tomorrow but just saw they aren't open on saturdays!!
dk2429 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2017, 04:08 PM   #67
dk2429

dk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Pirate
Update- After all the looking, sold on either Sarge or Hp Lite Waterloo..

I called Sarge and talked to him about what I was looking for. Great guy, fun to talk to, very helpful and professional. The only thing I'm trying to figure out now is which one of his rods would be the best plastic rod. I've done my research with the search bar and I see most votes are for the Priest or Smooth Dog. I also see the MOAR pop up a lot.
Old 06-20-2017, 04:13 PM   #68
doyou
i fish

doyou has been promoted to the rank of Privateerdoyou has been promoted to the rank of Privateerdoyou has been promoted to the rank of Privateerdoyou has been promoted to the rank of Privateerdoyou has been promoted to the rank of Privateerdoyou has been promoted to the rank of Privateerdoyou has been promoted to the rank of Privateerdoyou has been promoted to the rank of Privateerdoyou has been promoted to the rank of Privateerdoyou has been promoted to the rank of Privateerdoyou has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
honestly i dont think there is going to be a "best' for plastics rod. I would get the one you feel feels the best and go catch fish. All his rods are ultra *********** light and sensitive. So if you cant feel the bite with one or the other .. its more user error than "not having the right plastics rod"

my 2 cents, you might be over thinking this one a little
doyou is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2017, 04:30 PM   #69
dk2429

Quote:
Originally Posted by doyou View Post
honestly i dont think there is going to be a "best' for plastics rod. I would get the one you feel feels the best and go catch fish. All his rods are ultra *********** light and sensitive. So if you cant feel the bite with one or the other .. its more user error than "not having the right plastics rod"

my 2 cents, you might be over thinking this one a little
Yeah, I have a bad habit of doing that... I think I have my mind made up now. Thanks y'all
Old Yesterday, 05:46 AM   #70
trophytroutman
Mirrolure Pro Staff

trophytroutman has been promoted to Piratetrophytroutman has been promoted to Piratetrophytroutman has been promoted to Piratetrophytroutman has been promoted to Piratetrophytroutman has been promoted to Piratetrophytroutman has been promoted to Piratetrophytroutman has been promoted to Piratetrophytroutman has been promoted to Piratetrophytroutman has been promoted to Piratetrophytroutman has been promoted to Piratetrophytroutman has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smackdaddy53 View Post
Laguna Lt TX Wader 2 is a badass rod. I have been fishing mine for several years now and is awesome for everything.
This!!! I got both the 1& 2 and they are awesome!!
trophytroutman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message