Chest or Hip - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Wade Fishing Forum

Notices

Old 04-24-2017, 08:47 AM   #11
jd.marshall
Registered Users-pm+

jd.marshall is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I like the Grind over the shoulder double box. I can hook my stringer, Bogas and pliers to the shoulder strap and organization is great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jd.marshall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2017, 08:27 PM   #12
donzilla
Registered Users-pm+

donzilla is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I usually use a small ziplock bag in my wader chest pocket.
donzilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2017, 10:44 AM   #13
Brown04
Registered Users-pm+

Brown04 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I prefer the chest carrying device!
Brown04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2017, 05:21 AM   #14
RedXCross
Just stay positive and Rant on!

RedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to Pirate
O-Ring boxes do great and if you can strap them to your front comfortably w/Elastic
If they are not secure you will constantly be fighting them (see it all the time)
Or like above
RedXCross is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2017, 07:40 PM   #15
Maven
Registered Users-pm+

Maven is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I prefer using a wading belt. It gives back support . I rinse all equipment after wading anyway.
Maven is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2017, 07:52 AM   #16
Red3Fish
Registered Users-pm+

Red3Fish has disabled reputation
When wading the surf.....a plain ole cheap straw hat with a chin strap to keep from blowing off. Generally in the surf I only carry 5 or 6 lures hooked under a straw on the hat. Keep smokes and lighter on top of head with hat on. Tilt head forward while holding hat and they fall into it.

When in the bay, a fanny pack type, with a small lure box, slung over shoulder bandoleer style. I seldom wade water in the back bay over waist deep. Less is best. In the bay I have about 6 or 8 lures in box with a couple of snap/swivels. Stringer, hat, knife and rod and reel.....oh yeah, a beer in back pocket if a long wade. Warm beer is better than NO beer!! LOL

Later
R3F
Red3Fish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2017, 10:15 AM   #17
Fishsurfer
Snakesurf

Fishsurfer has been promoted to PirateFishsurfer has been promoted to PirateFishsurfer has been promoted to PirateFishsurfer has been promoted to PirateFishsurfer has been promoted to PirateFishsurfer has been promoted to PirateFishsurfer has been promoted to PirateFishsurfer has been promoted to PirateFishsurfer has been promoted to PirateFishsurfer has been promoted to PirateFishsurfer has been promoted to Pirate
I also have the Magellan sling from Academy that I use for fly fishing (mostly saltwater). It is a real bargain when you compare it to slings made for fly fishing. I can even put my reel in it and it has enough little loops and lashes to hang all the little stuff you need to fly fish with. I am like the other guys that have commented on it that said, "I can't believe it has lasted this long". I figured the zippers would have failed by now but rinse off after fishing and a little silicone lubricant it's still going strong.
Fishsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2017, 03:52 PM   #18
HookInFinger
Registered Users-pm+

HookInFinger has been promoted to PirateHookInFinger has been promoted to PirateHookInFinger has been promoted to PirateHookInFinger has been promoted to PirateHookInFinger has been promoted to PirateHookInFinger has been promoted to PirateHookInFinger has been promoted to PirateHookInFinger has been promoted to PirateHookInFinger has been promoted to PirateHookInFinger has been promoted to PirateHookInFinger has been promoted to Pirate
Funny, watching youtube videos lately...some of these guys look like pack mules with all their gear strapped in various places.

I prefer to go as light as possible. Velcro belt with a vertical pouch thing for stringer and forceps. Minimal spare tackle goes in a shirt pocket.

Back in the 52M28 days at SLP I used a white foam pith helmet ringed with Mirro-lures and spoons. That thing could hurt you if you weren't careful. It took a while, but I finally learned that if the trout aren't there, throwing 18 different colors isn't going to help. And time spent changing lures is time away from fishing.
HookInFinger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2017, 08:00 AM   #19
simpyson
Registered Users-pm+

simpyson is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I use the ForEverlast wading belt, it has back support and a pouch for your tackle box
simpyson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message