Fishing is rough - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Individual Fishing & Game Reports

Notices

Old 06-15-2017, 11:41 AM   #1
sharkchum
If you ain't first your last

sharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Pirate
Fishing is rough

And so is the water.
Left out of Eagle Point at 6 this morning to try to hit up some midbay reefs. It started off calm, but the farther we got into the bay the worse it got. Anchored up on one of my spots and nothing but gafftop. Not wanting to go any farther, we just waited for the tide to start moving. We caught a few good fish between all the gafftop, but by 8 we had waves coming over the front of the boat while at anchor, so decided to leave while we still could. I'm usually sad when I get back to the dock, because that means fish is over for the day, but I was so happy to make it back today I kissed the dock.

P.S.A.
Fish are not worth your life. There is nothing cowardly about coming in when the weather turns bad. You can always catch fish next time. I was stupid for not leaving as soon as the wind picked up. Stay safe out there folks.
Attached Images

sharkchum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2017, 12:17 PM   #2
Action BC

Action BC is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
What size boat were yall in? Sounds sketchy, I know it gets rough out there...
Action BC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2017, 01:16 AM   #3
4 Ever-Fish N
Registered Users-pm+

4 Ever-Fish N has been promoted to Pirate4 Ever-Fish N has been promoted to Pirate4 Ever-Fish N has been promoted to Pirate4 Ever-Fish N has been promoted to Pirate4 Ever-Fish N has been promoted to Pirate4 Ever-Fish N has been promoted to Pirate4 Ever-Fish N has been promoted to Pirate4 Ever-Fish N has been promoted to Pirate4 Ever-Fish N has been promoted to Pirate4 Ever-Fish N has been promoted to Pirate4 Ever-Fish N has been promoted to Pirate
Glad ya'll made it back safely, and caught a few fish.
4 Ever-Fish N is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2017, 06:13 AM   #4
kawboy
The voices in my head love to fish

kawboy is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
A rough day of fishing is far better than a smooth day at work.
kawboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2017, 08:27 AM   #5
troutsupport

troutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Pirate
Ya'll haven't been in Trinity yet ;-) I'm sure Johnny made the right call. Gotta follow your gut out there as boat captain.

Nice work John, not bad for tough conditions.
troutsupport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2017, 08:40 AM   #6
planohog
Registered Users-pm+

planohog has been promoted to Pirateplanohog has been promoted to Pirateplanohog has been promoted to Pirateplanohog has been promoted to Pirateplanohog has been promoted to Pirateplanohog has been promoted to Pirateplanohog has been promoted to Pirateplanohog has been promoted to Pirateplanohog has been promoted to Pirateplanohog has been promoted to Pirateplanohog has been promoted to Pirate
EP east of the redfish rocks can get dicey quick.
Wife was complaing few weeks ago out there that
every 30 minutes or so we would get water over the front.
I think last year some guys found out the hard way what
that can do for you .
Glad your back, great catch
planohog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2017, 09:23 AM   #7
denimdeerslayer
Registered Users-pm+

denimdeerslayer has been promoted to Piratedenimdeerslayer has been promoted to Piratedenimdeerslayer has been promoted to Piratedenimdeerslayer has been promoted to Piratedenimdeerslayer has been promoted to Piratedenimdeerslayer has been promoted to Piratedenimdeerslayer has been promoted to Piratedenimdeerslayer has been promoted to Piratedenimdeerslayer has been promoted to Piratedenimdeerslayer has been promoted to Piratedenimdeerslayer has been promoted to Pirate
If what I see in the pics is what your calling ruff you might want to sell that boat.
denimdeerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2017, 10:06 AM   #8
BigJake
Registered Users-pm+

BigJake has been promoted to the rank of Chief MateBigJake has been promoted to the rank of Chief MateBigJake has been promoted to the rank of Chief MateBigJake has been promoted to the rank of Chief MateBigJake has been promoted to the rank of Chief MateBigJake has been promoted to the rank of Chief MateBigJake has been promoted to the rank of Chief MateBigJake has been promoted to the rank of Chief MateBigJake has been promoted to the rank of Chief MateBigJake has been promoted to the rank of Chief MateBigJake has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mate
Nice catch in tough conditions. No fish is worth compromising safety. What kind of boat are you in?
BigJake is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2017, 12:23 PM   #9
SSST
Registered Users-pm+

SSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to Pirate
Looks like a Nautic Star by the pics. I've stayed out too long before too, nothing like a good saltwater bath on the way in!
SSST is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message