Anyone here invest in multifamily or commercial properties - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Investments and finance

Notices

Old 06-06-2017, 10:58 PM   #1
WGA1
Registered Users-pm+

WGA1 has been promoted to PirateWGA1 has been promoted to PirateWGA1 has been promoted to PirateWGA1 has been promoted to PirateWGA1 has been promoted to PirateWGA1 has been promoted to PirateWGA1 has been promoted to PirateWGA1 has been promoted to PirateWGA1 has been promoted to PirateWGA1 has been promoted to PirateWGA1 has been promoted to Pirate
Anyone here invest in multifamily or commercial properties

I'm looking for different ideas and viewpoints from those that have invested in apartment complexes and/or other commercial properties. I have invested in single family homes for the past 10 years and it looks like I am now selling them. SFH have been great the past few years but I'm thinking it may be a good time to sell and move up in properties...gotta keep growing. Plan right now is to 1031 the properties into a Delaware Statutory Trust as a way of deferring the taxes and positioning the money for a future apartment complex purchase or some form of commercial property...probably will have to invest in a syndication. I am not an accredited investor. Maybe a strange question on a fishing forum but you never know.
WGA1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2017, 09:53 AM   #2
batmaninja
Registered Users-pm+

batmaninja has been promoted to Piratebatmaninja has been promoted to Piratebatmaninja has been promoted to Piratebatmaninja has been promoted to Piratebatmaninja has been promoted to Piratebatmaninja has been promoted to Piratebatmaninja has been promoted to Piratebatmaninja has been promoted to Piratebatmaninja has been promoted to Piratebatmaninja has been promoted to Piratebatmaninja has been promoted to Pirate
Big picture wise. The apartment market in Houston has over built class A's and that is effecting rents in all sectors. And land prices still seem to be going up, which is pushing up taxes and lowering returns. Houston and Texas are going to see population growth in the future though, and those people are going to need a roof over their heads.
batmaninja is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2017, 03:48 PM   #3
Rods&Cones
Registered Users-pm+

Rods&Cones has been promoted to PirateRods&Cones has been promoted to PirateRods&Cones has been promoted to PirateRods&Cones has been promoted to PirateRods&Cones has been promoted to PirateRods&Cones has been promoted to PirateRods&Cones has been promoted to PirateRods&Cones has been promoted to PirateRods&Cones has been promoted to PirateRods&Cones has been promoted to PirateRods&Cones has been promoted to Pirate
I'm with you SFH are too much maintenance and too little return if one is in an area of town where the property value is too high. Commercial is the way to go, you won't be needing to fix any clogged toilets.
Rods&Cones is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2017, 12:09 PM   #4
fishinguy
Registered Users-pm+

fishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Pirate
I just invest the money in REIT companies. I figure they know better how to mange these investments. My favorite is MAA, I have been invested with them for several year and enjoyed a nice return and some healthy dividends. I see though you have a tax issue if you take the gains. I would be watchful about the property taxes at the moment as they are getting out of control but I think you can still get a nice ROI.

I look for southern based REITs that are profitable and pay a nice dividend. So far I have been happy with that choice.

Now I have been eyeballing a few smaller complexes and duplex site but I can't convince myself to step into that level of commitment.
fishinguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message