Is Braid line easier to get tangled or backlash? - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Line Class Forum

Notices

Old 05-18-2017, 04:04 PM   #11
sgrem
Registered Users-pm+

sgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Pirate
Braid is so slick if you tie braid only straight to the spool the entire ball of line will slip on the spool making you think you can't tighten your drag. To put it another way the spool will remain stationary like tight drag and all your line will be twisting around the spool like a loose drag.

The mono grabs the spool to prevent this. Tie them together with a crazy Alberto knot and enjoy a properly functioning drag.
sgrem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2017, 04:44 PM   #12
Blank Czech
Registered Users-pm+

Blank Czech has been promoted to PirateBlank Czech has been promoted to PirateBlank Czech has been promoted to PirateBlank Czech has been promoted to PirateBlank Czech has been promoted to PirateBlank Czech has been promoted to PirateBlank Czech has been promoted to PirateBlank Czech has been promoted to PirateBlank Czech has been promoted to PirateBlank Czech has been promoted to PirateBlank Czech has been promoted to Pirate
So the line doesn't slip on the spool. Braid will slip
Blank Czech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2017, 10:15 AM   #13
Capt. Kurt Gowdy
Registered Users-pm+

Capt. Kurt Gowdy is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
One wrap of electrical tape is sufficient.
Capt. Kurt Gowdy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2017, 08:06 AM   #14
gigem87
I will have my glory day in the hot sun!

gigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirate
95% of the time when I get a backlash with mono, I could get it out by just cranking down the drag, pushing down on the backlash with my left thumbnail and reeling a few cranks.

That technique absolutely will not work on braid. You have to pick them out, and sometimes they don't come out and you have to cut.

I don't think that braid is more inherently prone to backlashes if the reel is set up and maintained properly. But I do think they are harder to get out if you do.
gigem87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2017, 11:02 AM   #15
just plain bill
http://www.myspace.com/billfrainmusic

just plain bill has been promoted to Piratejust plain bill has been promoted to Piratejust plain bill has been promoted to Piratejust plain bill has been promoted to Piratejust plain bill has been promoted to Piratejust plain bill has been promoted to Piratejust plain bill has been promoted to Piratejust plain bill has been promoted to Piratejust plain bill has been promoted to Piratejust plain bill has been promoted to Piratejust plain bill has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank Czech View Post
So the line doesn't slip on the spool. Braid will slip
also scotch tape!
just plain bill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message