Which Solunar program do you use? - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-18-2017, 10:54 AM   #1
JimD
JimD

JimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to Pirate
Which Solunar program do you use?

Which Solunar program do you use?

Does it give you the correct information? It is amazing just how many do not have the correct data.

Trivia: Did you know that John Alden came up with this concept and for each 12 miles east or west from where the chart was constructed for the time changes 1 minute + west and - east? There is a 51 minute difference from the Louisiana border to the New Mexico border.

The most accurate table I have seen was done by EJ and Mike McBride for EJ's TEX SWF Mag. years ago. The original one was hand drawn and a work of art. The original mag chart was done for Galveston area. I am guessing the new one is too.

What to look for in the program that you use ( EJ’s info Paraphrased from the old chart)

Majors
Majors are caused when the Moon is Directly overhead or Under foot. Majors run 1 to 1.5 hr BEFORE AND AFTER the moon is directly overhead or under foot.

Minors
Minors RUN 1 TO 1.5 hours AFTER the moon rises and 1 TO 1.5 Hours BEFORE THE MOON SETS.

Look at this information and compare it to the program you use.

I was looking for a new droid app.
I have found programs where they start the major at the moon directly over head and not in the middle of the moon directly over head.

MANY will start the moon down AFTER THE MOON SETS and not the time before it sets. I noticed that 4 Tides had this problem yesterday. They start their minor after the moon sets not the time before.

Other programs do not take into effect "daylight savings time".

Happy Father's Day. Jim

My gift to you is recommend you spend the 12 dollars to get EJ's mag but EVEN BETTER "Go back and read thru the mag's archives of that extend back into 2006. There are fantastic articles here from old timer's that have long since retired but shared their stories, tips and tricks in these issues.
If you are stuck and cannot fish hopefully you can go back and read what worked back then for these guides. I got tied up reading some articles when I went back to find the old tables from the mag.

Last edited by JimD; 06-18-2017 at 11:05 AM.
JimD is offline   Reply With Quote