Newbie to jet ski fishing - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Jet Ski Fishing Forum

Notices

Old 04-17-2017, 08:59 AM   #1
Zkrolczyk95
Registered Users-pm+

Zkrolczyk95 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Newbie to jet ski fishing

I'm very new to jet ski fishing so I have a lot to learn but first I was wondering. Has anyone ever had a passenger on the jet ski and fished btb? Is it safe or even worth it? My jet ski is around 12 feet long. Also is it logical to use the ski to drift reefs in Galveston bay? Thanks and any other info i would need to know would be greatly appreciated
Zkrolczyk95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2017, 10:44 AM   #2
CrazyYak
Crazy Yak

CrazyYak has been promoted to PirateCrazyYak has been promoted to PirateCrazyYak has been promoted to PirateCrazyYak has been promoted to PirateCrazyYak has been promoted to PirateCrazyYak has been promoted to PirateCrazyYak has been promoted to PirateCrazyYak has been promoted to PirateCrazyYak has been promoted to PirateCrazyYak has been promoted to PirateCrazyYak has been promoted to Pirate
kingfish

Yes it's possible to carry a passenger. Things to consider are weight capacity and safety. The more weight you have approaching your maximum weight capacity causes the PWC to become unstable. Safety: When venturing offshore you want to have all the necessary safety gear (file a float plan with someone onshore, VHF radio, wear your PFD, mobile phone contained within a DryPak, GPS, backup compass, 3 Coast Guard approved signalling devices, and some carry an EPIRB. When I take my Daughter there area minimum of 2 other experienced jet ski fishermen in case of an emergency / breakdown. Choose your fishing days carefully, make sure the sea conditions are favorable and be mindful of the chance for storms (watch your radar app if in signal range and monitor the horizon and VHF). The pic from above was a good day all around; we had favorable weather and caught Red Snapper, Cobia, King and Spanish Mackerel.

CrazyYak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message