Guide Fishing Etiquette - Page 6 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Notices

Old 04-24-2017, 02:45 PM   #51
Snaggletoothfrecklefish
Twitch Twitch....Thump

Snaggletoothfrecklefish has been promoted to PirateSnaggletoothfrecklefish has been promoted to PirateSnaggletoothfrecklefish has been promoted to PirateSnaggletoothfrecklefish has been promoted to PirateSnaggletoothfrecklefish has been promoted to PirateSnaggletoothfrecklefish has been promoted to PirateSnaggletoothfrecklefish has been promoted to PirateSnaggletoothfrecklefish has been promoted to PirateSnaggletoothfrecklefish has been promoted to PirateSnaggletoothfrecklefish has been promoted to PirateSnaggletoothfrecklefish has been promoted to Pirate
I don't really say much to people out on the water but Friday I had to. We pulled up to a spot along the shoreline to make a drift. I've been catching a few fish in this area recently and knew fish would be in the area, just would have to find them. After drifting 100 yards or so we start catching some. picked up 5 or 6 fish and cranked up to start over and do it again. About 30 yards into the drift here comes a boat down the shoreline from behind us a little faster than idle speed. My buddy that was in the back of the boat had to reel his lure in so the boat wouldn't run over it when they went around us. It was a guy and 2 girls and one of the girls was driving. My buddy yells at them and asked what are y'all doing and one of the girls said what, we're not fishing! My buddy replied back and said it doesn't matter if y'all aren't fishing, we are and you're driving that boat right where we are casting! They were driving the same distance from the shoreline as we were, went around us, and got back in the same line we were drifting. While still in casting distance from us, in the direction we are drifting, turned the motor off and put the trolling motor down and started fishing. I couldn't believe it....My buddy wanted to go over to them so he could jump in their boat and beat the guy's ***. I'm not blaming the girl driving, I'm sure she had no idea what she was doing, but the guy in the boat never even turned around and looked at us. I'll say I don't think I have ever been that mad out on the water before. That was our last stop for the day anyway, so we just put our stuff up and headed for the ramp.
Snaggletoothfrecklefish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2017, 09:50 AM   #52
Majek11
Registered Users-pm+

Majek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggletoothfrecklefish View Post
I don't really say much to people out on the water but Friday I had to. We pulled up to a spot along the shoreline to make a drift. I've been catching a few fish in this area recently and knew fish would be in the area, just would have to find them. After drifting 100 yards or so we start catching some. picked up 5 or 6 fish and cranked up to start over and do it again. About 30 yards into the drift here comes a boat down the shoreline from behind us a little faster than idle speed. My buddy that was in the back of the boat had to reel his lure in so the boat wouldn't run over it when they went around us. It was a guy and 2 girls and one of the girls was driving. My buddy yells at them and asked what are y'all doing and one of the girls said what, we're not fishing! My buddy replied back and said it doesn't matter if y'all aren't fishing, we are and you're driving that boat right where we are casting! They were driving the same distance from the shoreline as we were, went around us, and got back in the same line we were drifting. While still in casting distance from us, in the direction we are drifting, turned the motor off and put the trolling motor down and started fishing. I couldn't believe it....My buddy wanted to go over to them so he could jump in their boat and beat the guy's ***. I'm not blaming the girl driving, I'm sure she had no idea what she was doing, but the guy in the boat never even turned around and looked at us. I'll say I don't think I have ever been that mad out on the water before. That was our last stop for the day anyway, so we just put our stuff up and headed for the ramp.
Don't let women fool you with that innocent little girl act,they're the devil,y'all should have boarded them and stomped all their buts and stole stuff!
Majek11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2017, 11:03 AM   #53
osage243
Registered Users-pm+

osage243 has been promoted to Pirateosage243 has been promoted to Pirateosage243 has been promoted to Pirateosage243 has been promoted to Pirateosage243 has been promoted to Pirateosage243 has been promoted to Pirateosage243 has been promoted to Pirateosage243 has been promoted to Pirateosage243 has been promoted to Pirateosage243 has been promoted to Pirateosage243 has been promoted to Pirate
Weekend warrior curb dwellers are the worst........people who grew up fishing, have fishing and boating etiquette. 75% of the people fishing/boating on fresh and salt water have no business doing so.....3,2,1, go.........lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
osage243 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2017, 11:30 AM   #54
holysmokes
Registered Users-pm+

holysmokes has been promoted to Pirateholysmokes has been promoted to Pirateholysmokes has been promoted to Pirateholysmokes has been promoted to Pirateholysmokes has been promoted to Pirateholysmokes has been promoted to Pirateholysmokes has been promoted to Pirateholysmokes has been promoted to Pirateholysmokes has been promoted to Pirateholysmokes has been promoted to Pirateholysmokes has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerTherk View Post
Happens even in Matagorda, made three drifts on a east bay reef, going back to start the forth and TA comes in, cuts me off so I make another circle to keep distance between us.
His drift goes a bit different than mine since I didn't have a sock on and I creep up on him and he gets hysterical and yells a few words toward me, just then hooked a twenty four inch he passed by and I kept smiling. Sweet, I love that feeling.
Since cutting you off can be debated, for the sake of this question lets assume that he was wrong and did cut you off. Having said that, can we agree that your actions were a bit childish and showed a lack of sportsmanship? Maybe he was unaware that you were circling back, maybe he thought it was his turn to get in the drift or maybe he just doesn't know better. By your comments though; you know better but chose to do it anyway.
holysmokes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2017, 02:24 PM   #55
Kyle 1974
Registered Users-pm+

Kyle 1974 has been promoted to PirateKyle 1974 has been promoted to PirateKyle 1974 has been promoted to PirateKyle 1974 has been promoted to PirateKyle 1974 has been promoted to PirateKyle 1974 has been promoted to PirateKyle 1974 has been promoted to PirateKyle 1974 has been promoted to PirateKyle 1974 has been promoted to PirateKyle 1974 has been promoted to PirateKyle 1974 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Marcus Canales View Post
Yall talking about something like this? Lol

We were there all alone 45mins on fish, then this happens. My clients hit his boat a couple times casting....I kept a cool head and just moved on.

I did ask for a beer while I putted away. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
ya'll looked really happy and I didn't think you'd mind. sorry about that.
Kyle 1974 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2017, 02:28 PM   #56
Capt. Marcus Canales

Capt. Marcus Canales has been promoted to PirateCapt. Marcus Canales has been promoted to PirateCapt. Marcus Canales has been promoted to PirateCapt. Marcus Canales has been promoted to PirateCapt. Marcus Canales has been promoted to PirateCapt. Marcus Canales has been promoted to PirateCapt. Marcus Canales has been promoted to PirateCapt. Marcus Canales has been promoted to PirateCapt. Marcus Canales has been promoted to PirateCapt. Marcus Canales has been promoted to PirateCapt. Marcus Canales has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle 1974 View Post
Hehehe....we were having a great time, actually. It's all good, water is busy, I just wish more people had just a tad bit of etiquette these days.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Capt. Marcus Canales is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2017, 03:05 PM   #57
TexasSlam18
Registered Users-pm+

TexasSlam18 has been promoted to PirateTexasSlam18 has been promoted to PirateTexasSlam18 has been promoted to PirateTexasSlam18 has been promoted to PirateTexasSlam18 has been promoted to PirateTexasSlam18 has been promoted to PirateTexasSlam18 has been promoted to PirateTexasSlam18 has been promoted to PirateTexasSlam18 has been promoted to PirateTexasSlam18 has been promoted to PirateTexasSlam18 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle 1974 View Post
There's no way that was really you?
TexasSlam18 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2017, 04:01 PM   #58
Kyle 1974
Registered Users-pm+

Kyle 1974 has been promoted to PirateKyle 1974 has been promoted to PirateKyle 1974 has been promoted to PirateKyle 1974 has been promoted to PirateKyle 1974 has been promoted to PirateKyle 1974 has been promoted to PirateKyle 1974 has been promoted to PirateKyle 1974 has been promoted to PirateKyle 1974 has been promoted to PirateKyle 1974 has been promoted to PirateKyle 1974 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSlam18 View Post
There's no way that was really you?
can't catch fish if you're not on fish. I saw one of them bowed up and figured there were fish there.
Kyle 1974 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2017, 08:35 PM   #59
LA Wader
Registered Users-pm+

LA Wader has been promoted to PirateLA Wader has been promoted to PirateLA Wader has been promoted to PirateLA Wader has been promoted to PirateLA Wader has been promoted to PirateLA Wader has been promoted to PirateLA Wader has been promoted to PirateLA Wader has been promoted to PirateLA Wader has been promoted to PirateLA Wader has been promoted to PirateLA Wader has been promoted to Pirate
Here's an example of "clueless" that took place yesterday. I pull up to an area I fish and start trolling to where I wanna start my drift, not a soul in sight. As I'm getting close to where I'm gonna turn the boat so everyone can cast with the wind, I see a little aluminum boat come zipping up. The boat basically runs 30 yds off my bow and almost burns my whole drift! All I could do is laugh! Shortly after getting burned up, I saw a school of fish come up busting and casually eased over to them. We're flipping fish in the boat and I look up and here comes our friend again, on a B-line for spot #2. He runs inside 100 yds of where we were catching fish. Luckily the fish stayed up and he kept on rolling. I'm just glad he wasn't the potlicker I guessed him as and pulled up beside us, because then we'd have had a polite discussion about boating/fishing etiquette.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LA Wader is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2017, 09:03 PM   #60
daniel7930
Registered Users-pm+

daniel7930 has been promoted to Piratedaniel7930 has been promoted to Piratedaniel7930 has been promoted to Piratedaniel7930 has been promoted to Piratedaniel7930 has been promoted to Piratedaniel7930 has been promoted to Piratedaniel7930 has been promoted to Piratedaniel7930 has been promoted to Piratedaniel7930 has been promoted to Piratedaniel7930 has been promoted to Piratedaniel7930 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysand247 View Post
I've only had one bad experience with a guide . And that was at Stingaree marina. I drove up to get bait because I was taking my young boys fishing. As I walked up I said good morning and ask if they had bait.. he popped off he doesn't use that **** so he doesn't know. I said ok . I'm taking my kids fishing so I'll go ask . Then he decided to tell my how chicken **** using bait was and if the kids couldn't throw lures they had no business on the boat.. a few words were exchanged and another boater got between us..
I've fished around and talked to many guides on sabine who would gladly offer advice on where to fish . The people I hate are the ones who swing close to see if you are catching anything and then keep going after they spooked the fish.

This happen to my dad. Down in corpus. My dad told me after the fact. Cause same guide asked me if I could take pictures for him. If I would have knew he gave my dad a hard time. I would have told him where to go. I do know this. If my dad was 40 years younger. That guy would have been swimming
daniel7930 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message