2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Fishing vessel Missing Link sinks 130m off shore.

15K views 40 replies 33 participants last post by  Barnacle Bill 
#1 ·
Has anyone heard if these guys are back on dry land and what exactly happened..

Seven people were rescued this morning after their boat capsized about 130 miles southeast of Galveston late Saturday.
The Coast Guard District command center in New Orleans received an alert at about 10 p.m. Saturday from the Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacon of the vessel Missin' Link of Freeport.
After requesting that mariners in the area assist in the search, the Coast Guard dispatched a search-and-rescue jet, helicopter and boat.
Around 3 a.m., a life raft with six people on board was located. The Coast Guard dropped supplies to the boaters while their rescue as arranged.
The 250-foot research vessel Mystic Viking located and rescued the seventh missing person around 6 a.m.
All of the missing people were pulled safety on board the Mystic Viking by 6:40 a.m.
Coast Guard officials are currently coordinating the medevac of one of the rescued crewmembers and arranging for the others to be taken to shore.
Kevin Robb, a search and rescue controller at the Eighth District command center, credited the boat's emergency preparation and equipment for assisting in the quick rescue.
He also credited the Good Samaritans.
“The crew of the Mystic Viking was very helpful in locating and rescuing the crew of the Missin' Link. They responded quickly to our request for help and were able to locate and rescue the one person in the water and later safely rescue the remaining six people from the life raft,” Robb stated.

See less See more
#28 ·
Even a seventy to eighty footer is a small craft when mother nature wants to get ugly. Just glad they were rescued. I saw they were gone Thursday morning and was wondering about them yesterday when that front was rolling through.

#33 ·
So thats what they were doing out here. I saw the jet and helicopter flying around all night out here. And we had some bad weather. I didnt think they were out here just playing around. They buzzed us a few times and I thought they were going to land one time. Glad every one is OK.

#34 ·
Sure glad they were rescued, but I still do not understand why they would go out in the face of a guaranteed weather issue. You can't fish in 8-10 foot seas, whatever direction the wind is blowing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.