2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Inexpensive Spinning Rod

2K views 18 replies 18 participants last post by  23Dukdogtx! 
#1 ·
Hey Guys, long time reader, just dont post much. Usually I can find the answers I am looking for and really just enjoy looking through the forum.

I have bought two 3000 series spinning reels. I need opinions on a good rod to pair them with. Will be using for bass fishing in stock tanks and occasional bay fishing trips for flounder, reds, and specks. Looking for something around 50 or less.

Thinking of pairing with braid as that is what I use on my catfishing reels which are abu garcias. But if a 10-12lb mono is just as good maybe I should do that.

Thanks in advance,
Eric

#2 ·
Braid is the great equalizer for rods. A $30 rod feels very similar to a $200 rod. Then have to spend way more to feel the difference. A big difference to consider is in the line guides and how long they will hold up to salt water abuse. With a $50 budget find a 6.5' medium or medium heavy action rod on craigslist or on sale and there isnt a splitting hairs difference between em that you will notice.

#3 ·
Hey Guys, long time reader, just dont post much. Usually I can find the answers I am looking for and really just enjoy looking through the forum.

I have bought two 3000 series spinning reels. I need opinions on a good rod to pair them with. Will be using for bass fishing in stock tanks and occasional bay fishing trips for flounder, reds, and specks. Looking for something around 50 or less.

Thinking of pairing with braid as that is what I use on my catfishing reels which are abu garcias. But if a 10-12lb mono is just as good maybe I should do that.

Thanks in advance,
Eric
Walmart Berkley Lightning Shock rod $40

#14 ·
The lowest prices graphite rod is the Lightning rod. I've gotten it before for guys that wanted something for friends or kids... if it's your own rod and you're going to use it, I'd get the Lews Laser... actually $50... IM6 with stainless guides. they've got a 6'6 and a 7 in med with fast tip. One year warranty.

http://www.lews.com/rods-lasersg.php

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.