2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

sardines and such...

11K views 26 replies 22 participants last post by  BobBobber 
#1 ·
besides w/ crackers and mustard... lemme know...
have used them w/ marinara over pasta...
and kippered herring?
anything?
trying to get away from junk food for lunch and stuff...
I do like the King Oscar sardines
fixing to open a tin of Crown Prince kippered herring filets and have them w/ onions, pickles and mustard...
the Brits eat them w/eggs for breakfest... haven't tried that, yet...
and if I can find a good rescp....
perfect for camping down at Big Shell for fall reds and shark.
please leave out the neg comments...
I know they're not ev's fav.

#2 ·
In tomato sauce (cold out of the ice chest/fridge) with saltines is the only way I enjoy them. Onion slice and a chunk off a block of cheddar on occasion with it if I'm at my casa. I don't have the vision to be able to incorporate them into something else and still be tasty to me.

#8 ·
I have only been using the Beach Cliff sardines and kippered herring in water from Canada.

I will make a salad with Romaine lettuce, avocado, tomato, onion, jalapenos, granulated garlic, ground pepper and kosher salt. I will drain the sardines or herring and crumble before adding to the salad, top with shredded cheddar cheese after refrigerating for thirty minutes and eat as a salad or put in a heated taco shell.

I will eat this at least once a week!

#21 ·
when i was a little sprout prob 8-10 , grandpa used to take me perch and crappie fishing up in Illinois in the summer.

we would eat sardines in mustard and saltines and the original vidalia onions.

When we got home grandma would howl like a cat and make us brush our teeth, there seemed to be a big game in it with grandpa.

great memories

#24 ·
smoked oysters...:bounce:
get a sleeve of Ritz crackers...
spread some Philly cream cheese on cracker and top w/smoked oyster...
yer welcome...
other holiday snacks...
parisa on saltines( Medina Co. thing)..
spinach dip on a wheat thin...
my aunt made a soft white cheese w/ caraway seeds(chasing that recp) on Triscuits...

#27 ·
Best Sardines - bar none

HEB caries Bar Harbor Skinless, Boneless SMOKED Sardine Fillets (Product of Gulf of Maine, Canada)

No skin, no bones, fins, heads or tails.

Plain or on cracker, it's a pure gourmet treat. Well worth the extra price but in a big portion tin. If you can restrain yourself, it makes two servings of BIG sardines about equivalent to two smaller size sardine cans.

Just posting this made me open a fresh can!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.