2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Rain!!!!

1K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Meadowlark 
#1 ·
Light rain started about 0615. Garden and hay need it bad.
77856, Gas 2.19. Skunk sprayed in the garden last night.

#5 ·
Planted my last tomato for the season...a heatmaster that should produce late summer.

Corn has been slow to germinate this year...both plantings slow with one more to go. First planting is about 4 ft high and second planting is about 4 inches high and spotty. One more around June 1st and that will probably be it for this year.

Planted my Israeli melons today from seed that first came courtesy of RB a few years back...a great tasting mellon and I save seeds each year.
I say a thank you to Randy every time I plant these and especially every time I eat one, LOL.

Okra slow growing so far...have a hankering for some grilled and fried okra...we practically live off it and peas and tomatoes and corn in July and August.

Drizzle continues in 77351...great weather for planting and transplanting. Got to go peal potatoes for a big dish of scalloped new potatoes...wow great eating.

#7 ·
1710 (5:10pm) hail the size of my thumb nail. Only hailed for a few minutes so damage should be light. Tomato plants are loaded. Picked the garden after the rain this morning so should be good. Good rain right now. Probably 1/2" so far. Hogs are tearing up the yard so I'll be up tonight thinning the herd. Gonna kill the skunk if it shows up. Haven't seen it but must be the size of a #5 wash tub by the stink it leaves.

#11 ·
56442 - No rain in the past week. Forecasting an 80% chance for next Tuesday. Hope they are right. Need some rain so that I can start some more planting.

Bear came through our yard 2 nights ago wrecking bird feeders and tipping the garbage can. Hope he was just passin through.

Found my 1st cut worm already. He ate 2 tiny lettuce plants before he got killed.

Lark..... As of yesterday, it looks like maybe 7 of those 1015 onion plants that you gave me may survive.

The 10 day forecast looks warm. Highs in the 60s and nights in the 40s. Will probably plant tomatoes and peppers next week.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.