2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Hole punched in cowling - place to repair it?

2K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  John_B_1 
#1 ·
So short story short, wind got the best of me at the dock, buddy backs truck in like we have done hundreds of times (It's my buddies boat). Can anyone recommend a place to paint and repair it? I've got some one that can fix it, but they won't paint. It's a 225 yami. I'm in Rosenberg so somewhere around there would be a plus.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#8 ·
George in Pearland. Dude can fix anything.

The proper way is to remove flakes and broken pieces, glass inside, glass outside, sand outside, apply fairing compound, sand more, sand finer, sand super smooth, prime, wet sand, paint, wet sand, buff... If you're not sanding 90% of the time you're not doing glass work. ;-)

#9 ·
George in Pearland. Dude can fix anything.

The proper way is to remove flakes and broken pieces, glass inside, glass outside, sand outside, apply fairing compound, sand more, sand finer, sand super smooth, prime, wet sand, paint, wet sand, buff... If you're not sanding 90% of the time you're not doing glass work. ;-)
Called and they said the don't fix cowlings. Any other ideas?? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.