2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Satellite Suggestions

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  warrenng 
#1 ·
Just bought a new to me Motorhome which was an upgrade over a really old one we had. Trying to get some ideas on the best Satellite system to use for direct tv. I dont want to spend the money on an in motion system but something that doesnt take up a bunch of space and is easy to aim is what I need. It has to be direct tv because that is what my home system is. Any suggestions? Thanks

#2 ·
We use Directv HD at home and have a Winegard Carryout for when we travel. The Carryout is non HD but when we are on the road we don't care. I can set it on the tripod, plug it in and within 3 minutes or so it is done. I have two 50' cables (one for the living room receiver and one for the bedroom) and it does not take up much room in the storage area. I fought with a regular dish we use to carry and would never go back. The 50' cables allow me to move it around if necessary to avoid trees blocking the signal. Hope this helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.