removing oxidation from lead - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Old 01-19-2007, 05:55 PM   #1
timd
Registered Users-pm+

timd is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
removing oxidation from lead

How do you remove the white powdery oxidation that forms on lead sinkers and jigheads? I've got a bunch that were left in our wading boxes.
timd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2007, 06:00 PM   #2
McTrout
Life is a Trip!

McTrout has been promoted to PirateMcTrout has been promoted to PirateMcTrout has been promoted to PirateMcTrout has been promoted to PirateMcTrout has been promoted to PirateMcTrout has been promoted to PirateMcTrout has been promoted to PirateMcTrout has been promoted to PirateMcTrout has been promoted to PirateMcTrout has been promoted to PirateMcTrout has been promoted to Pirate
timd...

We've been using this stuff Capt. Ernest found called "The Works". It instantly takes all stains off of boats, removes rust, the whole bit, and cost about $2.99 per bottle. I sprayed some in my lure box, let it sit about 2 minutes, and everything was ultra clean on the flush. You might want to try it. I've been buying the heck out of it.
McTrout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2007, 06:39 PM   #3
JShupe
Always imitated... never duplicated.

JShupe has been promoted to PirateJShupe has been promoted to PirateJShupe has been promoted to PirateJShupe has been promoted to PirateJShupe has been promoted to PirateJShupe has been promoted to PirateJShupe has been promoted to PirateJShupe has been promoted to PirateJShupe has been promoted to PirateJShupe has been promoted to PirateJShupe has been promoted to Pirate
Texasflag4 Lime Away..

I haven't tried the works but I will now. If you can't find that try some LIMEAWAY, it works pretty good too. just throw your heads in a container load it up wth LIMEAWAY and let sit for a while spray off and it should be good to go.

Just another way,

MrTrout,

Where do you find THE WORKS?

Thanks

Jode
JShupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2007, 06:50 PM   #4
kenny
Registered Users-pm+

kenny has been promoted to Piratekenny has been promoted to Piratekenny has been promoted to Piratekenny has been promoted to Piratekenny has been promoted to Piratekenny has been promoted to Piratekenny has been promoted to Piratekenny has been promoted to Piratekenny has been promoted to Piratekenny has been promoted to Piratekenny has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by LagunaShupe
I haven't tried the works but I will now. If you can't find that try some LIMEAWAY, it works pretty good too. just throw your heads in a container load it up wth LIMEAWAY and let sit for a while spray off and it should be good to go.

Just another way,

MrTrout,

Where do you find THE WORKS?

Thanks

Jode

....Zona Rosa?
kenny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message