Outboard jet - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Boating Forum

Old 07-03-2012, 11:03 AM
Registered Users-pm+

Ca1297 has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterCa1297 has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterCa1297 has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterCa1297 has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterCa1297 has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterCa1297 has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterCa1297 has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterCa1297 has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterCa1297 has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterCa1297 has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterCa1297 has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMaster
Outboard jet

I bought my first outboard jet the other day, and are just wondering what to expect? It's a 13' aluminum scooter with a tunnel and it has a 95 Nissan 60hp jet which I assume makes the foot a 40hp. What I'm wondering is if the boat is running full speed, how far out of the water is the actual jet outlet supposed to be? I don't want to move it if I don't have to because it will literally run in 3in of water. But it does not turn very well you have to do some leaning to actually get it to turn, also the top speed is only about 24 mph, is this normal? Anyway here is the boat and any help would be appreciated thanks
Old 07-03-2012, 12:58 PM
Registered Users-pm+

gray gost has been promoted to Pirategray gost has been promoted to Pirategray gost has been promoted to Pirategray gost has been promoted to Pirategray gost has been promoted to Pirategray gost has been promoted to Pirategray gost has been promoted to Pirategray gost has been promoted to Pirategray gost has been promoted to Pirategray gost has been promoted to Pirategray gost has been promoted to Pirate
I know the boat. It is set up fine. does not go fast but will go shallow. watch out for floating grass it will clog up jet
Old 07-03-2012, 01:30 PM
Registered Users-pm+

Ca1297 has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterCa1297 has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterCa1297 has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterCa1297 has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterCa1297 has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterCa1297 has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterCa1297 has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterCa1297 has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterCa1297 has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterCa1297 has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterCa1297 has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMaster
Small world huh? Yeah there is only half the grate rods that it's supposed to have but I more so shouldn't be as bad.
Old 07-03-2012, 03:48 PM
Registered Users-pm+

gray gost has been promoted to Pirategray gost has been promoted to Pirategray gost has been promoted to Pirategray gost has been promoted to Pirategray gost has been promoted to Pirategray gost has been promoted to Pirategray gost has been promoted to Pirategray gost has been promoted to Pirategray gost has been promoted to Pirategray gost has been promoted to Pirategray gost has been promoted to Pirate
will eat more grass but one problem with half the grates gone is it wiil suck up a shotgun shell and stick in your exhaust and that will cut your power in half. make you a hook shaped rod to pull it or oyster shells that will stick also and keep on the boat.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:20 AM
Registered Users-pm+

pmgoffjr has been promoted to Piratepmgoffjr has been promoted to Piratepmgoffjr has been promoted to Piratepmgoffjr has been promoted to Piratepmgoffjr has been promoted to Piratepmgoffjr has been promoted to Piratepmgoffjr has been promoted to Piratepmgoffjr has been promoted to Piratepmgoffjr has been promoted to Piratepmgoffjr has been promoted to Piratepmgoffjr has been promoted to Pirate
lI have run jets for a while, here's what we've learned.

Take the grate out completely. Turns into a weedeater. I just carry a big screwdriver to dislodge oyster shells if I suck one up, no biggie.

Take the reverse gate junk off, it's useless.

Get a sack of the plastic sleeves, when you need to shim the impeller, nice to have them handy. Also, dismantle everything and apply antisieze to everything that fits.

The little wings they sell at outboard jets will help with rough water cavitating.

And you'll get used to lack of steering control, they won't turn for garbage, but they will slide around pretty good once you learn how.
Old 07-04-2012, 03:33 PM
Registered Users-pm+

fishnvet has been promoted to Piratefishnvet has been promoted to Piratefishnvet has been promoted to Piratefishnvet has been promoted to Piratefishnvet has been promoted to Piratefishnvet has been promoted to Piratefishnvet has been promoted to Piratefishnvet has been promoted to Piratefishnvet has been promoted to Piratefishnvet has been promoted to Piratefishnvet has been promoted to Pirate
My scooter is 14.5 ft and has a 90 hp motor. Top speed is 33, so yours sounds about right. I wouldn't change the jet height if it is already set. It'll be a fuel hog, but they're tons of fun to run. One of the things I like is being able to set the boat down in the very back of a hard sand flat, to where it is only floating if you aren't on it. I'll just stand beside it with the kill switch on me, turn the wheel, and throttle it. As it spins up, I just step on it and straighten the wheel, and we're off. Very handy.

Welcome to the scooter trash club LOL
Old 07-04-2012, 05:36 PM
Cancer still Sucks

spotted123 has been promoted to Piratespotted123 has been promoted to Piratespotted123 has been promoted to Piratespotted123 has been promoted to Piratespotted123 has been promoted to Piratespotted123 has been promoted to Piratespotted123 has been promoted to Piratespotted123 has been promoted to Piratespotted123 has been promoted to Piratespotted123 has been promoted to Piratespotted123 has been promoted to Pirate
Thumbs up

Looks like a neat little set-up. Good luck and have fun with it.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:29 PM
Registered Users-pm+

pmgoffjr has been promoted to Piratepmgoffjr has been promoted to Piratepmgoffjr has been promoted to Piratepmgoffjr has been promoted to Piratepmgoffjr has been promoted to Piratepmgoffjr has been promoted to Piratepmgoffjr has been promoted to Piratepmgoffjr has been promoted to Piratepmgoffjr has been promoted to Piratepmgoffjr has been promoted to Piratepmgoffjr has been promoted to Pirate
You can sure put the potlickers in a bind trying to get to you.
Old 07-04-2012, 08:20 PM
Registered Users-pm+

fishnvet has been promoted to Piratefishnvet has been promoted to Piratefishnvet has been promoted to Piratefishnvet has been promoted to Piratefishnvet has been promoted to Piratefishnvet has been promoted to Piratefishnvet has been promoted to Piratefishnvet has been promoted to Piratefishnvet has been promoted to Piratefishnvet has been promoted to Piratefishnvet has been promoted to Pirate
LOL-how true.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:37 AM
Registered Users-pm+

Thanks guys y'all have been very helpful