Co-sign a Note - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Investments and finance

Old 04-05-2012, 08:11 AM
Registered Users-pm+

ksk has been promoted to Pirateksk has been promoted to Pirateksk has been promoted to Pirateksk has been promoted to Pirateksk has been promoted to Pirateksk has been promoted to Pirateksk has been promoted to Pirateksk has been promoted to Pirateksk has been promoted to Pirateksk has been promoted to Pirateksk has been promoted to Pirate
Co-sign a Note

My son co-signed a note for my granddaughter's car.She lost her job and the car.Now my son is responsible but unable to make the payments.I know this affects his cedit rating.How many years will this show up?Thanks..
Old 04-05-2012, 08:36 AM
Gordon's Grub Rub

INTOTHEBLUE has been promoted to PirateINTOTHEBLUE has been promoted to PirateINTOTHEBLUE has been promoted to PirateINTOTHEBLUE has been promoted to PirateINTOTHEBLUE has been promoted to PirateINTOTHEBLUE has been promoted to PirateINTOTHEBLUE has been promoted to PirateINTOTHEBLUE has been promoted to PirateINTOTHEBLUE has been promoted to PirateINTOTHEBLUE has been promoted to PirateINTOTHEBLUE has been promoted to Pirate
I have been told it's 7 years. This seems to be true because I had something bad on my credit report since 2004 and now it's gone.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:17 AM
El Viejo

Tortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to Pirate
Old Banker friend of mine told me many years ago....

"NEVER, NEVER, EVER, EVER co-sign a note for ANYBODY...friends, family..or GOD..."

Course he told me this after I got stuck on one.. Don't have a clue on how many years it affects your rating.. In my case it didn't affect it at all...I just had to pay off the note.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:37 AM
www.jacksride.org

fangard has been promoted to Piratefangard has been promoted to Piratefangard has been promoted to Piratefangard has been promoted to Piratefangard has been promoted to Piratefangard has been promoted to Piratefangard has been promoted to Piratefangard has been promoted to Piratefangard has been promoted to Piratefangard has been promoted to Piratefangard has been promoted to Pirate
If she lost the car, there must have been some sort of disposition regarding the repo. Auction, wholesale, retail. Find out what the balance is so he knows what he is up against. Statute says 7 years, however they can only legally collect on it for 4. Go figure.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:47 AM
Registered Users-pm+

ksk has been promoted to Pirateksk has been promoted to Pirateksk has been promoted to Pirateksk has been promoted to Pirateksk has been promoted to Pirateksk has been promoted to Pirateksk has been promoted to Pirateksk has been promoted to Pirateksk has been promoted to Pirateksk has been promoted to Pirateksk has been promoted to Pirate
My son tells me that a collection agency will settle for much less than what is owed.If he were to ''pay off'' the less amount,does it still show up on the credit rating? Thanks..
Old 04-05-2012, 11:05 AM
Reel Easy

thabeezer has been promoted to Piratethabeezer has been promoted to Piratethabeezer has been promoted to Piratethabeezer has been promoted to Piratethabeezer has been promoted to Piratethabeezer has been promoted to Piratethabeezer has been promoted to Piratethabeezer has been promoted to Piratethabeezer has been promoted to Piratethabeezer has been promoted to Piratethabeezer has been promoted to Pirate
It will show as a collection paid unless he can get them to send him a letter that they will delete the account for payment. They will fight tooth and nail on not sending the letter. Don't send a single dime until the letter is in hand.

I have spent many years cleaning up my credit form some mistakes in college.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:18 AM
Registered Users-pm+

Hesser has been promoted to PirateHesser has been promoted to PirateHesser has been promoted to PirateHesser has been promoted to PirateHesser has been promoted to PirateHesser has been promoted to PirateHesser has been promoted to PirateHesser has been promoted to PirateHesser has been promoted to PirateHesser has been promoted to PirateHesser has been promoted to Pirate
Paying a collection agency DOES NOT always settle the bill. They have been know to take the payment and then sell the real bill to another collection agency. Yes, the "reduced or payoff" will be settled with that collection agency, but not with the original creditor.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:05 PM
learn to swim

dan_wrider has been promoted to Piratedan_wrider has been promoted to Piratedan_wrider has been promoted to Piratedan_wrider has been promoted to Piratedan_wrider has been promoted to Piratedan_wrider has been promoted to Piratedan_wrider has been promoted to Piratedan_wrider has been promoted to Piratedan_wrider has been promoted to Piratedan_wrider has been promoted to Piratedan_wrider has been promoted to Pirate
From what I know of it, it will hurt credit for 7 years after the debt is settled. If it is not settled then it can haunt indefinitly. I believe every time the debt gets sold the 7 year timetable starts over.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:36 PM
"We're gonna need a bigger boat!"

Shaky has been promoted to PirateShaky has been promoted to PirateShaky has been promoted to PirateShaky has been promoted to PirateShaky has been promoted to PirateShaky has been promoted to PirateShaky has been promoted to PirateShaky has been promoted to PirateShaky has been promoted to PirateShaky has been promoted to PirateShaky has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_wrider View Post
From what I know of it, it will hurt credit for 7 years after the debt is settled. If it is not settled then it can haunt indefinitly. I believe every time the debt gets sold the 7 year timetable starts over.
Not true. The only way an old debt can be re-set for the 7 years is if you start up payments with a collection agency or the original debt originator.

To the op, youir son is facing some pretty harrassing phone calls in his future, if he can set up some kind of reasonable payments with the original creditor he would be much better off. However as the debt goes through the collection cycle (sold off to one company, then another, and another etc.....) they (the collection companies) get nastier and meaner.
Old 04-07-2012, 02:21 PM
Got Better Things To Do Than Play Games

w_r_ranch has been promoted to Piratew_r_ranch has been promoted to Piratew_r_ranch has been promoted to Piratew_r_ranch has been promoted to Piratew_r_ranch has been promoted to Piratew_r_ranch has been promoted to Piratew_r_ranch has been promoted to Piratew_r_ranch has been promoted to Piratew_r_ranch has been promoted to Piratew_r_ranch has been promoted to Piratew_r_ranch has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortuga View Post
"NEVER, NEVER, EVER, EVER co-sign a note for ANYBODY...friends, family..or GOD..."
Daddy said the same thing...

He also said the only thing you should ever take a loan on was a house. Everything else was paid in cash or you didn't need it.