Beef Jerky-New Dehydrator - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Recipes

Old 04-02-2012, 04:43 PM   #1
slinginplastic
wishin i was fishin

slinginplastic has been promoted to Pirateslinginplastic has been promoted to Pirateslinginplastic has been promoted to Pirateslinginplastic has been promoted to Pirateslinginplastic has been promoted to Pirateslinginplastic has been promoted to Pirateslinginplastic has been promoted to Pirateslinginplastic has been promoted to Pirateslinginplastic has been promoted to Pirateslinginplastic has been promoted to Pirateslinginplastic has been promoted to Pirate
flounder Beef Jerky-New Dehydrator

I just bought a new dehydrator from Academy. Nothing fancy, but wanted to make some beef jerky with it. Can anyone tell me what the best cut of meat and how to go about making it. And if you know of any good rubs or marinades/recipes that would be very helpful too. Thanks, and Tight Lines
slinginplastic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2012, 04:47 PM   #2
Gr8_Outdoorsman
Registered Users-pm+

Gr8_Outdoorsman has been promoted to PirateGr8_Outdoorsman has been promoted to PirateGr8_Outdoorsman has been promoted to PirateGr8_Outdoorsman has been promoted to PirateGr8_Outdoorsman has been promoted to PirateGr8_Outdoorsman has been promoted to PirateGr8_Outdoorsman has been promoted to PirateGr8_Outdoorsman has been promoted to PirateGr8_Outdoorsman has been promoted to PirateGr8_Outdoorsman has been promoted to PirateGr8_Outdoorsman has been promoted to Pirate
Subscribing to thread to see what other's recommend.

I've used the Uncle Buck's packets from Bass Pro and they came out pretty good, but I'd like a homemade recipe....
Gr8_Outdoorsman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2012, 08:44 AM   #3
texasred
Registered Users-pm+

texasred has been promoted to Piratetexasred has been promoted to Piratetexasred has been promoted to Piratetexasred has been promoted to Piratetexasred has been promoted to Piratetexasred has been promoted to Piratetexasred has been promoted to Piratetexasred has been promoted to Piratetexasred has been promoted to Piratetexasred has been promoted to Piratetexasred has been promoted to Pirate
One of my lease buddies makes a ton of it every year. He manily uses a london broil sliced real thin. Maybe and 1/8th inch or so. Good luck!
texasred is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2012, 10:34 AM   #4
slinginplastic
wishin i was fishin

slinginplastic has been promoted to Pirateslinginplastic has been promoted to Pirateslinginplastic has been promoted to Pirateslinginplastic has been promoted to Pirateslinginplastic has been promoted to Pirateslinginplastic has been promoted to Pirateslinginplastic has been promoted to Pirateslinginplastic has been promoted to Pirateslinginplastic has been promoted to Pirateslinginplastic has been promoted to Pirateslinginplastic has been promoted to Pirate
Thanks Texasred, I will try that and let you know how it turns out.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:49 AM   #5
Brother Bob
Registered Users-pm+

Brother Bob has been promoted to PirateBrother Bob has been promoted to PirateBrother Bob has been promoted to PirateBrother Bob has been promoted to PirateBrother Bob has been promoted to PirateBrother Bob has been promoted to PirateBrother Bob has been promoted to PirateBrother Bob has been promoted to PirateBrother Bob has been promoted to PirateBrother Bob has been promoted to PirateBrother Bob has been promoted to Pirate
Beef Jerky

Here go with pics and step by step instructions. The best cut is London Broil when on sale!

http://2coolfishing.com/ttmbforum/sh...d.php?t=374116

BB
Attached Images

Brother Bob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2012, 09:15 PM   #6
Law Dog
Registered Users-pm+

Law Dog has been promoted to PirateLaw Dog has been promoted to PirateLaw Dog has been promoted to PirateLaw Dog has been promoted to PirateLaw Dog has been promoted to PirateLaw Dog has been promoted to PirateLaw Dog has been promoted to PirateLaw Dog has been promoted to PirateLaw Dog has been promoted to PirateLaw Dog has been promoted to PirateLaw Dog has been promoted to Pirate
The best cut is London Broil..
Law Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2012, 10:55 PM   #7
CoastalOutfitters
sea monkey rancher

CoastalOutfitters has been promoted to PirateCoastalOutfitters has been promoted to PirateCoastalOutfitters has been promoted to PirateCoastalOutfitters has been promoted to PirateCoastalOutfitters has been promoted to PirateCoastalOutfitters has been promoted to PirateCoastalOutfitters has been promoted to PirateCoastalOutfitters has been promoted to PirateCoastalOutfitters has been promoted to PirateCoastalOutfitters has been promoted to PirateCoastalOutfitters has been promoted to Pirate
agreed

ask for a cut about 1 1/4 " thick, trim the fat

stick it in the freezer on a cookie sheet till it starts to set up , then pull and quickly slice w a big really sharp knife

then do your rub and or marinade
CoastalOutfitters is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2012, 11:20 AM   #8
slinginplastic
wishin i was fishin

Is there any cooking involved? I also read that you have to use a special rub to cure the meat. Is that true? Does the dehydrator take care of it all?
Old 04-06-2012, 11:28 AM   #9
HydraSports
Native Texan

HydraSports has been promoted to PirateHydraSports has been promoted to PirateHydraSports has been promoted to PirateHydraSports has been promoted to PirateHydraSports has been promoted to PirateHydraSports has been promoted to PirateHydraSports has been promoted to PirateHydraSports has been promoted to PirateHydraSports has been promoted to PirateHydraSports has been promoted to PirateHydraSports has been promoted to Pirate
IMO, when making jerky, the cut of meat really doesn't matter. For me the cheaper the better, but I almost always use venison for my jerky. Academy sells High Mountain jerky seasoning, it is very good, but it is around $5 per packet and it makes about 10 lbs of wet meat. No cooking, just dehydration, which can be done in the oven. I use a dehydrator, it does take care of all of the "cooking" part.
HydraSports is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2012, 05:17 PM   #10
txbigred
Registered Users-pm+

txbigred has been promoted to Piratetxbigred has been promoted to Piratetxbigred has been promoted to Piratetxbigred has been promoted to Piratetxbigred has been promoted to Piratetxbigred has been promoted to Piratetxbigred has been promoted to Piratetxbigred has been promoted to Piratetxbigred has been promoted to Piratetxbigred has been promoted to Piratetxbigred has been promoted to Pirate
How I do it.

http://2coolfishing.com/ttmbforum/sh...56#post3993056
txbigred is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message