Got me some lionfish - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Old 04-02-2012, 08:23 PM
Trouthappy

Trouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to Pirate
Got me some lionfish

Got back from the Bahamas last week, speared 8 lionfish in a tidal creek. There were more, but some students get in there and clean them out periodically. Out on the reef I didn't see any. We were on Andros Island, which is off the beaten path of the Gulf Stream. (We were on the back side). The smaller ones seem to stay in sheltered waters so they don't get eaten by predators. The Bahamas record is 13 inches long but their fins really stick out in every direction. If you see one in the Gulf, get medieval on him. I carried around a long fillet knife and cut them up from behind while they were on the pole spear, where their fins are soft and looked less harmful. Wore padded gloves, too. Saw several that were upside down, clinging to a cave ceiling.
Attached Images

Old 04-03-2012, 05:50 AM
Live Action

LHandler has been promoted to PirateLHandler has been promoted to PirateLHandler has been promoted to PirateLHandler has been promoted to PirateLHandler has been promoted to PirateLHandler has been promoted to PirateLHandler has been promoted to PirateLHandler has been promoted to PirateLHandler has been promoted to PirateLHandler has been promoted to PirateLHandler has been promoted to Pirate
Cool!!! We saw quite a few diving in Islamorada last month, some really big ones! They a really good to eat, just cut their fins of with some shears.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:09 AM
Trouthappy

Trouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to Pirate
I hope you guys wasted every one you saw in Islamorada. They're quick when they spook, but pretty dumb overall. Easy meat with the pole spear. Shooting one with a speargun would be time-consuming and would perhaps expose the diver more to their poisonous fins. They'll be at the Texas rigs soon enough; they've been seeing them at the Flower Gardens. They're pretty tough---I cut their entrails out and they still try to swim back in their favorite holes. So I speared them again and cut them in half, fed them to the fish.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:34 AM
Registered Users-pm+

Milkjug has been promote to GunnerMilkjug has been promote to GunnerMilkjug has been promote to GunnerMilkjug has been promote to GunnerMilkjug has been promote to GunnerMilkjug has been promote to GunnerMilkjug has been promote to GunnerMilkjug has been promote to GunnerMilkjug has been promote to GunnerMilkjug has been promote to GunnerMilkjug has been promote to Gunner
Is that a foldspear? I haven't seen one of those in ages. Seems like it would be ideal for lion busting, just whip it out when you see one.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:13 PM
Just one more cast...

Bird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to Pirate
Looks like the JBL 3 piece travel pole spear...
Old 05-03-2012, 09:39 AM
Registered Users-pm+

Bingo baits has been promoted to PirateBingo baits has been promoted to PirateBingo baits has been promoted to PirateBingo baits has been promoted to PirateBingo baits has been promoted to PirateBingo baits has been promoted to PirateBingo baits has been promoted to PirateBingo baits has been promoted to PirateBingo baits has been promoted to PirateBingo baits has been promoted to PirateBingo baits has been promoted to Pirate
I caught one in a galv canal last year