West Bay One Fly Event
When: Saturday December 3, 2011
Where: Check In/Award at Harbor Walk Marina, Hitchcock Underneath Ships Store from 4:00-6:00 PM
Entrance Fee: 10 Flies
Award: This is a winner take all with the winner taking home half the flies submitted for entrance fees, with the other half being donated.
Award Ceremony: This is BYOB and a potluck, so bring good beer and good food for everyone to share!
- Entrants Send notification of participation to email@example.com
- 1 or 2 person teams.
- This is a Fly Fishing only Event. No Bait. No soaking flies.
- Participants will only be allowed to use one fly for a day of fishing. The winner will be decided by the most total inches of fish caught on the single fly. Once the fly is lost, the participant is done fishing for the day.
- 2 Species of fish will be allowed for measurement: Redfish, and Sheepshead
- Sheephead will have 5 inch Bonus added on to measurement.
- Participants may catch and release, or keep fish caught as long as they fall into legal limits set forth by TPWD
- Fishing times will be 30 Minutes After Sun Up- Until 4:00 PM
- Flies that are damaged may be repaired with Super Glue While on the Water.
- Fish able Boundaries are Galveston Causeway to Freeport Surf side Bridge.
- This is an honor system event. Any one found cheating will be eliminated and publicly chastised for trying to rip off people at a for fun event and will no longer be able to participate in future one fly events!
- And no dock light fishing!
- Boat, Wade, Kayak, Seaplane, Helicopter, It doesn't matter. Fish from what you want in the boundaries.