My Grandmother's Prize winning sweet potato pie receipe - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > TTMB

Notices

Old 11-25-2010, 08:00 AM

chickenboy has been promoted to Piratechickenboy has been promoted to Piratechickenboy has been promoted to Piratechickenboy has been promoted to Piratechickenboy has been promoted to Piratechickenboy has been promoted to Piratechickenboy has been promoted to Piratechickenboy has been promoted to Piratechickenboy has been promoted to Piratechickenboy has been promoted to Piratechickenboy has been promoted to Pirate
Doowapstart My Grandmother's Prize winning sweet potato pie receipe

My Grandmother lived in Upshur County and I have a picture of her holding a Yam Pie and countless 1st Place Blue Ribbons show won at the Gilmer Yamboree. The dates on the ribbons are from the 1930s to the 1950s.

Here is her receipe: Note for your purposes a store bought crust will be fine.

peel sweet potatoes, cut into 1" rounds, boil until done
2 cups of sweet potatoes per pie
1/2 stick of margarine melted
1/2 cup of sugar
Beat 2 eggs
1/4 teaspoon Watkins vanilla
1/2 teaspoon all spice
half and halk milk- add a little until texture is spreadable
cook 350, check in 45minutes, may take a little longer

Happy Thanksgiving,
Joe, CCO
Chief Chicken Officer
Old 11-25-2010, 08:06 AM
Gods blessings surround us.

bubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Pirate
shes gonna hurt you ,lol happy turkeyday chickenboy really
Old 12-17-2010, 09:42 PM
slap ya mama

waterwolf has been promoted to Piratewaterwolf has been promoted to Piratewaterwolf has been promoted to Piratewaterwolf has been promoted to Piratewaterwolf has been promoted to Piratewaterwolf has been promoted to Piratewaterwolf has been promoted to Piratewaterwolf has been promoted to Piratewaterwolf has been promoted to Piratewaterwolf has been promoted to Piratewaterwolf has been promoted to Pirate
thanks for the recipe Chickenboy..I have made it twice so far and it's very easy and Very Good. May want to post it on the "Recipe Forum". Thanks again
Old 12-17-2010, 09:48 PM

chickenboy has been promoted to Piratechickenboy has been promoted to Piratechickenboy has been promoted to Piratechickenboy has been promoted to Piratechickenboy has been promoted to Piratechickenboy has been promoted to Piratechickenboy has been promoted to Piratechickenboy has been promoted to Piratechickenboy has been promoted to Piratechickenboy has been promoted to Piratechickenboy has been promoted to Pirate
Granny passed in 1974, Chickengirl has perfected this Sweet Potato Pie recipe. Here is a pick of Chickendog eating some Sweet Potato Pie with Cool Whip on top this Thanksgiving.
Attached Images

Old 12-18-2010, 06:46 AM
Dont hate the player... hate the game...

Bily Lovec has been promoted to PirateBily Lovec has been promoted to PirateBily Lovec has been promoted to PirateBily Lovec has been promoted to PirateBily Lovec has been promoted to PirateBily Lovec has been promoted to PirateBily Lovec has been promoted to PirateBily Lovec has been promoted to PirateBily Lovec has been promoted to PirateBily Lovec has been promoted to PirateBily Lovec has been promoted to Pirate
one of the great pleasures in life is a well made sweet potato pie !

I think I'll give that one a try...
Old 12-18-2010, 07:37 AM
Registered Users-pm+

Roger has been promoted to PirateRoger has been promoted to PirateRoger has been promoted to PirateRoger has been promoted to PirateRoger has been promoted to PirateRoger has been promoted to PirateRoger has been promoted to PirateRoger has been promoted to PirateRoger has been promoted to PirateRoger has been promoted to PirateRoger has been promoted to Pirate
I love sweet potatoe pie..........
Old 12-18-2010, 08:19 AM
Registered Users-pm+

Lunkerman has been promoted to PirateLunkerman has been promoted to PirateLunkerman has been promoted to PirateLunkerman has been promoted to PirateLunkerman has been promoted to PirateLunkerman has been promoted to PirateLunkerman has been promoted to PirateLunkerman has been promoted to PirateLunkerman has been promoted to PirateLunkerman has been promoted to PirateLunkerman has been promoted to Pirate
I luv that sweet tater pie.

First time I ever had any was in a little BBQ place in Hempstead called Bubba Swan's back in '75.

I'll try your grandma's recipe, thanks for posting it.
Old 12-18-2010, 10:21 AM
Registered Users-pm+

RLwhaler has been promoted to PirateRLwhaler has been promoted to PirateRLwhaler has been promoted to PirateRLwhaler has been promoted to PirateRLwhaler has been promoted to PirateRLwhaler has been promoted to PirateRLwhaler has been promoted to PirateRLwhaler has been promoted to PirateRLwhaler has been promoted to PirateRLwhaler has been promoted to PirateRLwhaler has been promoted to Pirate
I LOOoooVE sweet potatoe pies!! And the only time i usually bake them is this time of the year.I will try "grandma-chicken's" recipe this Xmas.
Thanks for sharing.

RL