Working on new Deer stand - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise  |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Hunting and Shooting Forums > Hunting Board

Old 04-04-2007, 06:47 PM
Registered Users-pm+

CHARLIE has disabled reputation
Working on new Deer stand

Today was a good day to stay inside so I worked on a new stand. Was kinda bored. Have several like it and they have been good over the years. Lots of folks build them this way. Im about half done. There was some talk the other day about building stands so I just took some pictures.

Charlie
Attached Images

Old 04-04-2007, 07:23 PM
Registered Users-pm+

barbless has been promoted to Piratebarbless has been promoted to Piratebarbless has been promoted to Piratebarbless has been promoted to Piratebarbless has been promoted to Piratebarbless has been promoted to Piratebarbless has been promoted to Piratebarbless has been promoted to Piratebarbless has been promoted to Piratebarbless has been promoted to Piratebarbless has been promoted to Pirate
how does that window work, does it open?
Old 04-04-2007, 07:27 PM
Born to Fish

fisherman's son is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)fisherman's son is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)fisherman's son is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)fisherman's son is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)fisherman's son is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)fisherman's son is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)fisherman's son is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)fisherman's son is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)fisherman's son is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
So far so good Charlie! I've made one with my dad before and looks like you're on the right track! Good Luck!
Old 04-04-2007, 07:58 PM
Registered Users-pm+

Regarding the window. Yes it opens it is hinged at the top with a string (or giant mono) or what have you that pulls it up and then you hook it inside. Set it to three different heights. If it is raining bad or cold and windy just close it and look out the window. When you leave just close it and pin it inside to keep owls, wasps, or what have you out. There will be windows on every side. and a door in the back. Ill make more pictures when done. Looks like gonna cost about $100.00 bucks, maybe a little more, havent decided which roof going to use this time. Usually a tin roof over 3/8 plywood. Made at air conditioning shop. Im thinking about fiberglass this time cuz its cheap.

Charlie
Old 04-04-2007, 08:35 PM
An Over 50 Victim Of Fate

Trouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to Pirate
It looks good Charlie. How much do you think the whole thing weighs when complete?

TH
Old 04-04-2007, 08:40 PM
Registered Users-pm+

Trouthunter

Dont really know 4 sheets of 3/8 plywood and some 2/4's and 2/2's. It all comes apart and you can lay it down in a pickup. It can be put up piece by piece, base, sides, and top. Real simple, I wouild guess maybe 75 pounds maybe little more.

Charlie
Old 04-04-2007, 08:46 PM
Team Hi-Rev

LBS has been promoted to PirateLBS has been promoted to PirateLBS has been promoted to PirateLBS has been promoted to PirateLBS has been promoted to PirateLBS has been promoted to PirateLBS has been promoted to PirateLBS has been promoted to PirateLBS has been promoted to PirateLBS has been promoted to PirateLBS has been promoted to Pirate
I built mine exactly the same last season except I set it up and drilled holes to bolt the sides together with 1/4" bolts using fender washers on both sides. She's very stable and can be disassembled and reassembled in no time. The top just sits on top of the four sides and I just put a few screw through to hold it down. Paint it with some oil based paint and it will last you quite a while!
Old 04-04-2007, 08:53 PM
An Over 50 Victim Of Fate

Trouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to Pirate
I like the idea of being able to break it down and put it in the truck. All of the ones that I've built were not that way and took two or more men to move and stand up.

Good job.

TH
Old 04-04-2007, 08:56 PM
Registered Users-pm+

trout250 has been promoted to Piratetrout250 has been promoted to Piratetrout250 has been promoted to Piratetrout250 has been promoted to Piratetrout250 has been promoted to Piratetrout250 has been promoted to Piratetrout250 has been promoted to Piratetrout250 has been promoted to Piratetrout250 has been promoted to Piratetrout250 has been promoted to Piratetrout250 has been promoted to Pirate
Fish

looks almost just like we build em, we usually build ours 4x6 because of our size or we have 2 that are 4x8 that we use we the kids are with us.
LOOKS Good
Old 04-04-2007, 09:02 PM
Registered Users-pm+

Re bolting it together.. When you are up in the air on top of some kind of base you caint bolt it. I just start by securing the base to the metal stand base and then screw the sides from the inside out. Works great. Some folks use lag bolts but screw gun is faster. Not sure if better tho.

Charlie