2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Famous boats/owners on the TX coast?

115K views 219 replies 117 participants last post by  3up3down 
#1 ·
Just curious, what famous person's and/or their boats have ya'll seen on the TX coast? I think I have read that George Straits boat is seen regularly on the coast as well as Alan Jackson's old boat. Just curious who you guys have seen out fishing and/or their previously owned boats on the TX coast.

#3 ·
Tom & George Andrews - the 'Emerald'
Unbound - the 'Unbound'
Capt Randle Hall - the 'Geaux Deep'
marlin1989 - the 'Blue Pursuit'
the Murphys - 'Thunderbird'

goes downhill from there with boats like 'day money', the 'producer', 'stormin norman', 'rods-n-screws', 'master plan', etc, etc,....... ;)

#132 ·
Tom & George Andrews - the 'Emerald'
Unbound - the 'Unbound'
Capt Randle Hall - the 'Geaux Deep'
marlin1989 - the 'Blue Pursuit'
the Murphys - 'Thunderbird'

goes downhill from there with boats like 'day money', the 'producer', 'stormin norman', 'rods-n-screws', 'master plan', etc, etc,....... ;)
I worked with Randle Halls son with Diamond offshore (Darby) is he famous or something? If you see this wats up darby its ryan how u been buddy?
!tuna!

i

#16 ·
Nope, ain't no famous boat named Wildside in my recollection.

I do know of some Hatteras private yachts and Breaux Brothers charter boats that were plenty famous though. Every port in Texas has their fair share of High Liners that go way back. And some rich dude with a million-dollar tub don't impress me as no High Liner unless they prove it.

Down here on SPI for example, Todd Lohry and the Reel Madness is a definite High Liner, been around these parts forever.

#24 ·
Boat People

Yea I knew that old one armed bandit keep his money in mexico Capt Jerry and I have drink a lot of beers at the old port hole in surfside. But now it is castaways and the jetty shack. does anyone remember the names of the dogs on the Queen they were rots and a skipper key?

But back to the post. Tim Allen A.K.A. Tim the tool man Taylor has a boat in south Texas. All I can say is it is 85ft Viking Sportfisher. That is the only famous one I know besides Roger Crager.

#19 ·
I think he meant Ed Bass as in Sid & Ed Bass - the Bass Brothers from Fort Worth, some of the richest people in the country.

Also, BillFisher names all the old school boats from SPI, but no Wahoo???? (personal bias here ;))

#44 ·
Bill Fisher names all the old school boats from SPI, but no Wahoo???? (personal bias here ;))
no way i forgot the 'Wahoo'!,......... i thot about it, but yesterday when i was posting i noticed you were watching this thread and i didn't wantchoo to get the big head

yup!,....... i always like the way the 'Wahoo' added a little color to the fleet coming into the weigh-ins during the TIFT

it might be gone but it's not forgotten............

also, iffin he'dda asked about "Legendary" boats and their cap'ns, i'dda mentioned mine along with the Wahoo runnin'-a-close-second!.... :dance:

;)

#26 ·
I once got a ride up and down the ditch at freeport/surfside on a small 13ft Boston Whaler...owners were "in"famous because they owned/ran a little known placed called the Chicken Ranch...I was 10 to 12 and asked my parents "i've been to a lot of ranches but not a chicken ranch...what is a chicken ranch?" My mom blushed and dad said we would "talk" when I was older....

#33 ·
Ok, Here's my recollections from see'n in the Freeport area.

1. Red Adairs "Blowout" I want to think there was a blowout I-II-III and IV. Sometimes when he had it tied up at bridge harbor, Willie Nelson would be on the boat with him as a guest smokin his "roll ur owns"

2. Right now, (at last report from my neighbor), the REAL sail boat (I cant remember its name) that was written about and and imitated in the movie the Perfect storm, is tied up at Kirby Marine. Its the one that had the captain and the two women on board.

3. Also, one of our own 2cool posters, captains full time, I guess you could say on a semi sorta famous boat since the owner has a huge sausage and sausage link business who's product is sold nationally. I cant remember the exact name of his company (maybe someone will chime in that knows). Anyway, the boat is called the "Missing Link".

#36 ·
Ok, Here's my recollections from see'n in the Freeport area.

1. Red Adairs "Blowout" I want to think there was a blowout I-II-III and IV. Sometimes when he had it tied up at bridge harbor, Willie Nelson would be on the boat with him as a guest smokin his "roll ur owns"
quote]

Mr. Adair (Red) did indeed have several boats named "Blowout".
I think;
Blowout I was a 28' Cigarette SS offshore racer
Blowout II was a 36' Cigarette Flat Deck offshore racer
Blowout III was a 50' Cary offshore lux cruiser
Blowout IV 50'-60' Hatteras

I had the privledge of being on these boats as a kid in the late 70' and early 80'. Went all over Clear Lake and Galveston Bay in those Cigarette's
My dad worked for Mr. Adair back then.

Saulnier

#41 ·
"Yea I knew that old one armed bandit keep his money in mexico Capt Jerry and I have drink a lot of beers at the old port hole in surfside. But now it is castaways and the jetty shack. does anyone remember the names of the dogs on the Queen they were rots and a skipper key?"

Capt Jerry also used to have a parrot on the back of that boat that would cuss at you (multiple f-bombs). Pretty funny, as when it happened to you the first time, it took you a while to figure out where it was coming from - about the time you had steam coming out of your ears...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.